In My Neighborhood in 34209>Question Details

Chris Nichol…, Home Buyer in Bradenton, FL

are there any leans on this property eg if i paid 60,000 is that it or would there be additional cost?

Asked by Chris Nicholson, Bradenton, FL Sat Nov 17, 2012

Answers

3
Dear Chris,

In FLORIDA, and in GENERAL, all recorded liens must be satisfied in order for the seller to give you "clear title" at the closing. That means tha the SELLER pays for those debts that are liens against the property unless they have disclosed otherwise to you in advance and you have AGREED to pay those debts. (These could range from past due Homeowner's Association Dues to a water bill) The problem can arise when liens become known at a later date AFTER you have purchased the property. This is one of many reasons why we , as Real Estate agents and brokers, recommend that you retain your OWN closing agent to review documents and represent/protect your interests. In particular, I recommend an attorney for this function even though in the state of Florida an attorney is not required to handle a real estate closing. They can review all documents, perform their OWN lien and permit searches, review the findings of the survey that you DO need to get and advise you of any potential title or encroachment issues. I am happy to provide you with name and contact information of several firms that my clients have had positive experiences with for their closings. Just send me a prive e-mail and I will reply with that information.

There are a LOT of things that need to be considered when purchasing a property, especially if it is a Foreclosure (bank owned) property. An Agent who is educated, credentialed, and experienced can help you avoid many of the unpleasant surprises that can creep up during one of these transactions. Just look for designations like, SFR (Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource certification) or CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) and talk to a few agents. Ask them about how many BUYERS they have represented who have purchased foreclosures and for name and numbers of those buyers so that you can get first hand information about the way that agent performed their professional services in those circumstances.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have other questions that I can help you with. And GOOD LUCK with the purchase of this or another property!

Thanks and take care,
Karen Schwartz, Broker-Owner
Prime Residential Brokers, Inc.
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
941-730-3550 mobile/text

KarenSellsSRQ@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
We have no idea what you are talking about. There will be no one here able to tell you about liens because that is something that must be done at your courthouse by someone that knows what they are doing, and they can be added at anytime. I have no idea what property you are asking about, but I can pretty much assure you there will always be additional fees when purchasing a house. Closing costs, attorney fees, recording fee, taxes, etc.
Chrsi we can not see what property you are inquiring. you should go back to the ad, click on teh profile of the listing agent and simply call or email them direct and ask. you can also research the deed to see if there are any liens