Anthony.lisa, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

are there alot of house break -ins?

Asked by Anthony.lisa, Charlotte, NC Wed Dec 14, 2011

Answers

3
Anna is 100% right.
I could add that you should go visit your prospective neighborhood,
walk around and meet some of the residents and ask them about Crime.
You can find out other things too.

Good luck and May God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 14, 2011
Even if you ask neighbors, and ride around the neighborhood at night or the weekend; you can still be deceived. You must know your audience if the people you are asking is from that area it’s not bad to them because that's all they know. I think some realtors are not ethical when they don't disclose know crime areas. Even though, it’s some kind of law. It sucks and I got tricked into buying a house in an awful area and the property value drops every year; I owe more than it will ever be worth. My house has been broken into once and they attempted three times on different occasions “Christmas, and summer”.
Flag Thu Nov 1, 2012
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area do visit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 14, 2011
Get an alarm system, bars, and make your home thief proof. If you are a single female get protection from your local weaponry store. Also, have a male visit frequently so you have presence of a man. "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.