Charles, Home Buyer in Akron, OH

are ther a lot of breakins in German Village?

Asked by Charles, Akron, OH Thu May 12, 2011

Answers

3
When it comes to any crime/safety concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information are the local authorities; consider a visit/call and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand...
I lived in Schumacher Place (which is the neighborhood to the east and adjacent to German Village) for 12 years and was never broken into. The majority of crimes it seems are car break-ins where the owner of the car left something in view and someone walking by decided they wanted it. The key is due diligence in your own safety. Don't leave things in view in your car, don't leave the house unlocked when you aren't home, stuff like that. Also, my experience was the neighbors really kept an eye out for each other.
The site in the post "Columbus how safe is the neighborhood?" shows crime in the city of Columbus from police reports. You can use "layers" on the crime website to look at different types of crime. Break ins, break ins to vehicles.