E.morello, Other/Just Looking in Commack, NY

am i paying too much in property taxes if i own a ranch home in commack and the taxes are 10625 before star.square footage is app. 1400.

Asked by E.morello, Commack, NY Sat Sep 4, 2010

Answers

5
You can try to have your taxes reassessed through the normal appeal process, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, or, sign up with one of many tax reassessment companies and go from there--you can also check out http://www.mlsli.com to get an idea as to what your neighbors are paying, under closed or available properties.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
I am refinancing someone in Commack now with a larger home, and taxes are around $7500. His neighbor across the street contacted me, and from his escrows, it seems like his taxes around around $8000. Both with STAR. The second house is a cape, around 1400 sq feet, with a finished basement but nothing else unusual other than 2 bathrooms. If you are on a large piece of land, your taxes could be higher. The refinance is on .18 acres, which is, give or take, 60x100. That one is 2000 sq ft, but doesn't have a basement.
Unless as I said you have a large piece of land, or something else unusual like a built in pool, or a large deck that you have a CO for, you should grieve your taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
You should call the town to find out why your taxes are high and how much are they assessing for. In the coming year file for tax grievance yourself or higher the tax grievance companies.
If you like to know the taxes in the surrounding area, please feel free to email or call me. Thanks
jaishreezilpelwar@remax.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
It seems rather high, unless it is a double lot or has "special" features or new construction. It is worth a review for tax grievance. Feel free to caLl our office to discuss. Pete Wagner. 6314821433.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010
IF you send me your address, I will send you information on what the taxes are for other homes on your street. Gail@gailgladstone.com.
Web Reference: http://Gailgladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 4, 2010