In My Neighborhood in 89448>Question Details

Lori, Other/Just Looking in Marietta, GA

Zephyr Heights: Is this neighborhood where there are a lot of locals living or is it more just tourists and rentals?

Asked by Lori, Marietta, GA Mon Sep 19, 2011

I have rented several homes in the Tahoe area and really dont want to live near a bunch of rentals with parties every weekend.

Answers

3
I lived in Zephyr Cove (behind Round Hill) and on top of Kingsbury grade for about 10 years and it is primarily an owner occupied area, but being Tahoe virtually every neighborhood has some rental properties.

The best thing you can do is conduct a little door knocking around the property you are considering and talk to the residents on both sides of your prospective home.

Nobody can give you an answer better than the people that already live there and people in Tahoe are generally great about talking to their neighbors.

The quietest area I lived was up off of North Benjamin on Kingsbury grade. Never had any issues with noise there at all. Well, except for snow plows. :)
I certainly understand your concern. Unfortunately, there are no rules that woud keep anyone in Tahoe from vacation renting their home, but there are rules about bothering neighbors. Your best approach would be to check out the homes surrounding a particular home. It's easy to find out if they're on a vacation rental program. As a Zephyr Cove real estate professional, I'd be happy to help you with that.
Web Reference: http://www.pamlusby.com
Hi Lori,
Zephyr Heights is heavily populated with locals and owner occupied homes. If you are interested in the Zephyr Cove area I would be happy to send you some information about each neighborhood in the area. If you are send me an email to tahrens@chaseinternational.com. I will have some reports generated for you to answer all of your questions. I am a Zephyr Cove native so I know the area well. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tiffany Ahrens
Broker/Salesperson
Chase International
(775) 850-5900 office
(775) 848-0574