In My Neighborhood in 92630>Question Details

TTrain77, Home Buyer in Lake Forest, CA

You all realize that Trulia posts property without consent of owners and some of these properties are not even being sold, due to it's public?

Asked by TTrain77, Lake Forest, CA Wed Jun 27, 2012

information I guess they get the advantage but I know for a fact that a property is NOT FOR SALE right now but realtors get a list and jump the gun to get first crack when it comes to property in probate or foreclosure......I assume others sites like this get to do this as well............the vultures are out to make their money money money. It's the business and now the desperate economy...........so buyers and sellers beware

Answers

6
That’s why you hire a good Realtor,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Good advice here is connect with a reputable, experienced local Realtor if you are either selling or looking to buy as they have access to the most updated data on behalf of their clients....

Problem solved.... I agree if and when a property shows up as for sale, but really is not
very confusing...... if for sale on Trulia you should easily see the contact info for the listing agent!

Good luck ......

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
TTrain77 -

What is your actual question ?

Thom Colby
Broker
Newport Beach & Palm Desert CA
Public information includes Notices of Default, this is what Trulia & other sites like this are reporting. They don't need the consent of owners.

If you're upset about this, maybe it's because you're in default on your loan & your home is being blasted here on Trulia as being in default.

I can help you! You should strongly consider doing a short sale before the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act expires at the end of this year if you're terribly upside down.

I wouldn't be posting this answer if the banks actually gave a gosh darn about REALLY helping homeowners through loan modifications, which they ARE NOT 98% of the time. Thanks to this being public information I can reach out & help homeowners in distress. No, I'm not a vulture.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Hello TTrain77,

I believe the sites like Trulia and others mentioned previously can state this information because it is in the public domain. If a property owner is unfortunately in trouble and a Notice of Default (NOD) is filed then Trulia is providing that public information, as you mentioned. I agree that this is not good and wish it did not look like a listing (very confusing) but I do not know how to change it.

There are vultures in all fields and there are Realtors that work the distressed market and yes they look at the NOD lists to find potential clients. If they do this with the intentions of helping someone out of the situation they are in or not is unknown to me. Regardless it is a reality.

I know many Realtors that are good at what they do and are in trouble themselves so believe me when I say this economy hit us all hard, Realtors too. We have the same bills and maybe more (ie. additional car insurance, pay own medical and retirement (what's retirement), etc....

I hope you are doing OK in these hard economic times we are all in but if you have a gripe and its economy related you can voice your opinion at the ballot box this November. Write your congressman or something since I don't know what writing this post here will do other than make you feel better. Public information is just that, public.

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
Everyone's just trying to make a living. But I agree, I hate it when sites like Zillow and Realty Trac post properties that have a Notice of Default as a listing. It's unfortunate, because agents and buyers alike are just out looking for new listings and most of the time these are not real. I don't know how they are allowed to do it, but they continue to get away with it. Often it's a default on a 2nd mortgage, a smaller amount, i/e. $64,000 on a 2 million dollar home, and then the floodgates open! I always tell people if it looks too good to be true...well...it probably is.