In My Neighborhood in 93536>Question Details

Wwdsn123, Renter in Lancaster, CA

Yes, I want to know. I'm moving my family there this week and I'm concerned. How safe is it?

Asked by Wwdsn123, Lancaster, CA Mon Jun 27, 2011

Answers

6
You would think you would have looked this info up before moving the Family!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 7, 2011
Hi Wwdsn123,

I was raised here in the Antelope Valley and I can tell you there are good areas and not so good areas. The local area here is patrolled by the LA County Sheriff. Having extensive knowledge of the area I know the higher probable areas. The area you indicated as your neighborhood is not considerd a high crime area according to local officials I know personally. I'm not saying there is no crime becuase there is crime in every city. Depending on where your house is will determine how much crime you have. Of course I have many clients that tell me they want to be in your neighborhood (based on the zip) because there isn't much crime at all.

I hope this helps you out. If you would like more information, feel free to contact me and I can answer specific questions.

Robert "Tony" Haven
Century 21 Yarrow & Associates
CDPE, Realtor
DRE#01893456
Direct: 661-478-3621
Office: 661-942-3703
Fax: 661-942-8243
Tony.Haven@Century21.com
As with any large suburban city, there are good pockets and bad pockets in every area. I don't know the exact address you are moving to, but I have never had a issue in Lancaster. I have appraising homes, doing loans, and helping buyers and sellers in Lancaster for the past 10 years and have never encountered a safety issue. Other than the hot summer days, the cold winter nights, and the occasional flash flood warning and dust storm, you should more than be fine. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Kindly,

Amir H. Kazemzadeh
President, Real Estate and Mortgage Broker
DRE License 01813512, NMLS 309986
REALTOR®, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), CHS (Certified HAFA Specialist), SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource Certification)
Residential Accredited Appraiser (RAA) and General Accredited Appraiser (GAA)
Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, OREA License AG029627
ASAP Real Estate Srvcs • an ASAP RES, Inc. Company • DRE License 01862782, NMLS 322735 • "SERVING ALL (APPRAISALS, LOANS, AND LISTINGS) OF YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS"
ASAPpraisals • an ASAP RES, Inc. Company • "YOUR REAL ESTATE VALUATION EXPERTS" - PROUDLY SERVING THE LOS ANGELES, ORANGE, AND VENTURA COUNTIES
26504 Bouquet Canyon Road, Suite 227
Santa Clarita, CA 91350-2353
661.735.ASAP
818.674.2043 Cell
661.999.3328 Fax
amir@asapres.com
http://www.asapres.com
When it comes to safety concerns, for the most accurate and up to the minute information contact/visit the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all firsthand; in addition with locals/neighbors...
Hi, You can visit http://www.spotcrime.com and http://www.homefair.com for in depth crime stats amd area demographics. Anther alternative is to call the local police dept for a report.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
There are many ways to check on a neighborhood, your local law enforcement can give you a report on recent events in your area. You can also, check with the local schools and find out if they are experiencing any issues. Driving through a neighborhood during different times can give you an idea what to expect. Of course, your lifestyle in safety can help prevent crimes. Don't leave car doors open, don't leave things exposed in your car seats. Lock doors and close windows when away from home or going to bed. Meet your neighbors and look after each other.