In My Neighborhood in 08008>Question Details

Joann, Real Estate Pro in Chatham, NJ

Would you know how far Monmouth Univesity is from Beach Haven? Looking to buy something affordable for my son who will be a student in January 2010.

Asked by Joann, Chatham, NJ Mon Sep 7, 2009

Answers

4
Hi Giovana.
You got the answers on the distance. If you need help finding a place, I can assist. I am based on LBI, and am a top producing agent.
rick
Hi Giovana
It's a fairly long ride, as was noted below. There are a lot of communities along the beach closer to MU that you can look at....lots of development in Long Branch (check out Pier Village for great shops, restaurants and rentals overlooking the ocean). Asbury Park has some really good values, too, as far as new and renovated condos are concerned. You will have many options a lot closer to the university...LBI (Long Beach Island, where beach haven is located) is great, but far.

I don't handle those areas, but I am an old "shore gal", having spent many summers growing up along the Jersey shore.
My friends did just what you want to do......they bought their daughters a condo not far from the university to live in when they attended school. They just sold it this past year, after both girls graduated.

Look around with an agent in the various areas surrounding the school - you will find something.
Good luck to your son!

Best wishes
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties

email Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewjersey.com
Beach Haven is exit 63, MU is, according to their directions, exit 105. The GSPW is getting wider from exit 80 south to 50 something. I ride 77 - 67 each day. It has slow spots but not to bad most of the time.

The ride should be pretty easy in the off season. It will depend on his class load and schedule. I would think he isn't going to run home for lunch.
It's more than an hour away, that's not figuring in the construction on the Parkway from exit 80 south past exit 63.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore