In My Neighborhood in 78717>Question Details

Linda K. Carr, Renter in Austin, TX

Would like to know the monthly electric and water bills for this property for the past year.?

Asked by Linda K. Carr, Austin, TX Tue Mar 8, 2011

Answers

4
Diane Crotchett’s answer
I would ask the name of the utility companies the seller has been using, call said company and find out what they charge for kilowatts, water, and other services. Then do a google search for other competitors in the area and get their rates. It really doesn't matter what the previous owner paid for their utilities - especially if theyr'e paying too much!. If you're willing to do the homework, you can save lots of money over time. Though it's out of my scope to do so, I'm always happy to provide the names of competitors in the prospective areas so my clients can do a search. If the property is in a municiple utility district (MUD), your choices would be limited.
Dear Linda,
In the past anyone could call the local utility company and get a monthly or yearly cost report for a property. However a few years ago the government created laws ro protect individuals privacy and these records are no longer available to the general public. The only way to get this information would be from the property owner or tenant that is paying that bill. I would contact the landlord or property owner and inquire.
If I can be of further serviceplease don't hesitate to ask. I wish you the best of luck!
Cheers,
Betina
Do you have an address you can share?
Hi Linda,
Which property would you like the monthly electric and water bills? Please specify the address and I will get you that information.
Theresa Ott Boisseau