In My Neighborhood in 29526>Question Details

memphisdebbie, Home Buyer in Conway, SC

Why is there a security bar on the front door?

Asked by memphisdebbie, Conway, SC Fri Feb 3, 2012

Answers

6
Memphisdebbie, I agree with Cherie below. People have all different concerns about their homes. That is why they use alarms, security bars, deadbolts, and dogs to some extent. It may give them added comfort having these in place. Certainly ask the owner if this is a concern. Also feel free to contact the local police department to see if there are crimes reported in the area of the home you have interest.

Also a very good idea is to drive by the neighborhood all different days and hours and knock on a few doors and question existing homeowners. Better to be absolutely sure now then sorry later right Memphis?

Best of luck,

Rob
Ask the Realtor who showed you the home?????
They may know..... we here cannot really tell you.
Is the home vacant, has been vacant for a long time......

Good Luck to you Edith YourChicagoConnection
To keep the bad guys out.

(Why else?)
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
There are many reasons.

I like seeing the flashing light indicating my car alarm is activities. It communicates a message to the honest and dishonest. It does not necessarily mean the Starbucks I'm parked at is an issue.

Motion detector lights...the same thing.
Some buy those Radio Shack security monitors with the red flashing light to mount at the corners of their homes. They, of course, are fake, but it allows the honest and dishonest a moment to contemplate their next action.

How about the lock on your door? Do you have a dead bolt or simply a lock on the handle. Why?
How about those wrought iron gates at the drive way of those mansions in communities hidden behind wall and controlled access? What can one conclude from this?

Now, you failed to mention if the architecture of the area is conducive to wrought iron. Many of the Spanish style home in this area of Florida are very nicely presented with what may be identified as security bars. You did not mention if every home in the area had such security bars. That just might be significant.

Clearly, the information you want is found through local resources. Your real estate professional will be able to advise you where to look.

In the end, Debbie, it will mean what ever you want it to mean.
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
Why don't you ask the owner? Or ask your agent to ask.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
I would need more information to better help you. However, it has been my experience that when people put bars on windows and doors it is usually a personal thing.