In My Neighborhood in 54902>Question Details

Vickey, Home Buyer in Oshkosh, WI

Why is my home compared to other homes in the area but NOT on the Lake?

Asked by Vickey, Oshkosh, WI Sun Nov 4, 2012

Answers

2
Trulia will attempt to take homes right in the general vicinity to compare for you where as a Realtor will do a comparison of like homes for you and take into account many things like Lakefront properties, special amenities that you may have, and much more.

Sometimes the websites like this are not 100% accurate so use the information with a grain of salt. Sometimes they can be accurate, but since it is a system and not a person, there are liable to be mistakes. They are good tools to get you started, but before making up your mind, meet with a Realtor for their opinion. It can save you tons of time and money.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Im assuming your home is on a lake? Only a real estate agent would take those amenities such as lake front into account when coming up with a price, Trulia isnt always accurate as they dont know the area..their figures just compare it to "general" homes in the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012