In My Neighborhood in 33624>Question Details

pcrawford26, Renter in Tampa, FL

Why is it no one gets back to me? I have called and submitted information on rentals and no response from anyone!

Asked by pcrawford26, Tampa, FL Fri Sep 13, 2013

Answers

6
get's back to you where? Are you calling actual agencies or leaving messages through this site?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 13, 2013
Both
Flag Fri Sep 13, 2013
Dear buyer, seller and renter,
If you are serious, you must use serious resources. Websites like Zillow and Trulia are chronicly polluted with faulty and deceptional data. Unless you are highly skilled, you will find it very difficlut to idenfty the respponsible inidviudal for a listing or a rental. Most of your inquires were sold as leads to someone who has no interenst in rentals.
-
Call a real estate professional in Tampa. That professional will direct you to the 'rental' specialist in their office. Then, restrict your activity to what is found in the MLS....not zillow, not trulia.
-
There is so little compensation that a agent WILL NOT chase the vapors found on Trulia. If you are serious. restrict your activity to data found on the MLS. Aggregate websites like Zillow and Trulia are suitable for entertainment purposes only.
I would suggest if you need to rent (we have up to $10k in downpayment money from the State of Florida by the way) then go rent in an apartment complex until you're financially ready to buy.
Had the same problem on a home in the Ballast Point area and wanted some more info beside the listed info including what an experienced agent thought. heard nothing until I saw a "Sold" entry just now.
It was probably already under contract. In Tampa Bay we have an "active with contract" status that transfers to Trulia as being "active". Once under contract it is only available for a backup offer. Also the Realtors listed next to a property on Trulia are not usually the listing Realtor. If you're ready to buy, a Realtor can help you buy any property listed. Also without a Realtor you will surely miss out on the very best deals.
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
Agents shown on Trulia are not usually the rental listing realtor. There is very little financial incentive paid to a Renter's Realtor - sometimes as little as $50 so you cannot expect a Realtor to help much.

I would suggest renting in an apartment complex until you're ready to own. Otherwise you must do a background check to verify the owner is not in foreclosure before renting from that owner. Also you must verify every month that the owner is not in foreclosure so you can be prepared to move when the Sheriff eventually shows up.
You may be contacting scammers who are collecting your identity information. If you have not seen the inside of the property and met the owner or property manager in person you are opening yourself up to risk by sending money or information over the web.

Read Trulia's words of caution regarding such scammers.