Gretaorjason, Renter in

Why is everyone moving from Old Aurora? There are a LOT of properties for sale. Does everyone know something we don't?

Asked by Gretaorjason, Tue Jul 24, 2012

Answers

3
I don't think it's crime, as intimated by Ian's linking to project NOLA.

I live in Old Aurora and know the feeling of "what's going on"? There are 3 homes for sale on my street alone - the most I've ever seen at one time. But, one is a foreclosure (which is the case for several in the neighborhood) and one is a family that bought post Katrina that is returning to their original neighborhood. I know that a few of the homes for sale are from investors that picked up cheap properties, did some improvements and are now selling. Some of the others are due to the deaths of the owners (remember, there's still a pretty significant portion of the neighborhood that has been there for years and years and is getting up in age).

It's more than likely just a coincidence of timing - it sometimes happens in real estate where all of a sudden it seems like an entire neighborhood is for sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 25, 2012
White Flight is the true answer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
get details about the metro area crime stats at projectnola.com.

click on the link below for more relevant details on neighbourhoods.