elliott329, Home Buyer in White Plains, NY

Why are co ops in White Plains so unfriendly to pets?

Asked by elliott329, White Plains, NY Fri Apr 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3077874623-1-Franklin-Ave-5E-…

Answers

6
It looks like some are beginning to allow them.... Tanglewood Gardens just passed a rule allowing pets 60 lbs and under.
Sid's right. Unfortunately pet owners in the past that did not take proper care of their pets have spoiled it for many future owners. There are co-ops that will more easily take cats than dogs. But one co-op comes to mind that is very pet friendly and a great complex as well. That would be 20 North Broadway, The Broadlawn. The allow dogs. All dogs do have to be interviewed by the Board. They want well behaved pets who do not bark all the time and who are friendly.
There are plenty of Co-ops in White Plains that accept pets although some may/not depend on certain breeds and weight restrictions. I as a professional Real Estate Agent can help you search for the right one that won't have a problem w/pets.
Reality check: It's not only in White Plains. Many co-ops (actually the shareholders, people who already live there) are not interested in hearing barking dogs or dealing with dog waste or even worst, biting dogs. They are not interested in finding cat fur in the common laundry.

Think about this from a different prospective. Many buyers choose co-op which are NOT pet friendly for the reasons mentioned above.

With that mentioned, there are a number of co-ops which are pet friendly, even in White Plains, lol, and I'm sure any realtor worth their commission will be able to find one for you.

P.S: I own a co-op...and two cats, Cheech & Chong. Contact me if I can be of additional service. (914-574-8220)
No matter the area, unfortunately most co-ops do not allow pets...
Hi, coops in many areas are unfriendly to pets. It comes down to the board, who is on it, and what they decide unfortunately.

Chris