In My Neighborhood in 97367>Question Details

David Swanson, Home Owner in Haleiwa, HI

Wheres the best part of lincoln City to live in for an old school longboarder retiring from Oahu? Would like to walk to surf a mellow wave.?

Asked by David Swanson, Haleiwa, HI Wed Nov 10, 2010

Answers

2
David,
I surf here on the Oregon coast. I also have a few properties available that are near some really good waves and are way below market value. There are a couple of nice beach breaks in lincoln city. Nelscott area would be perfect for you. There are a few good beach breaks that range anywhere from waist high mellow waves . . . to some heavy hitting overhead barrels when the storms roll in. There is also a big wave competition on the Nelscott Reef every year that you would be able to watch to make you feel at home. I have a property for sale on SW Beach street in lincoln city within 1-3 minutes walking distance to 2 nice beach breaks. Cheack out SW Beach street online near the Sand Castle motel in lincoln city 97367. If you are interested in the area give me a call and I would love to tell you about the property. 541-995-0011.
Thanks, Alice
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
i wonder, david, why you are moving from HI? the oregon coast is quite beautiful, but rugged, often cold and rainy, so one must really like that type of weather, which many do. just wondering. i know about oahu, and imo, reminds of of socal too much, which i left many years ago, by the beaches. you will find that the beaches on the OR coast are not crowded but often take a jacket. another good thing, if you like dogs, so many places to let the dogs run. some people try to surf at gleneden beach area but the rumor is "sharks". not a surfer myself, so not sure. lincoln city has a few places that often you will see people with their boards and wetsuits, even in late june.