In My Neighborhood in 76123>Question Details

Lizread54, Other/Just Looking in 76123

Where can I find ranks on worst and best home buliders in Ft. Worth Texas? My finance and I are considering moving from El Paso to Ft. Worth.

Asked by Lizread54, 76123 Tue Dec 21, 2010

Answers

13
I also used JD Power and Associates as a reliable source to determine how Builders were rated in the purchase of my own personal home.

Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell
(682-224-8050 - Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com
You might try the Assoc of Builders and Contractors site (ABC) for N Texas.
If you like I can also refer a couple to you.
Email me at krob5150@yahoo.com, I'm an agent with Fidelity First Realty in Fort Worth and have access to plenty of builders as well as homes just completed if you like.

Brad Roberts
Fidelity First Realty
7203 S Hulen Ste A
FW TX 76133
I live in North Fort Worth and I work with several builders. Realtor's are not ethically allowed to promote one particular builder over another. What we can do is determine what you are looking for as it relates to location, acreage, the levels of insulation and other "green" savings such as low e windows etc.... You will find that some Builders invest in the green amenities, some in construction materials and others in upgrades.
In order to determine the best fit for you, a Realtor would need to know your budget, preferred location, size of the home and yard. You will find the further away from the metro area you buy, the less you will pay for a home and typically lower property taxes. I offer my services to assist you in narrowing your selections based on your criteria. I can provide a price range in new build homes and help identify the pros and cons of each Builder. Buying a home is a personal, very personal decision based on your needs and finances. Please contact me and we can take this research to the next level in personalizing my service to meet your needs and expectations.

Lucy A. Puniwai
REALTOR®
(214)783-6416 - Cell
(682-224-8050 - Fax

puniwai@fathomrealty.com
Explore, discuss and educate yourself, use the websites the other agents provided to you, and then connect with an experienced area Realtor who has sold new construction and knows many builders and the quality of their work, look at properties carefully and then make your decision.....

It is not always the "best" builder and what everyone understands by that may also be quite different..... It is what style you like, what construction type you prefer, where you want to live, what your personal needs are etc.
So connecting with an area Realtor to guide you through your options is one of your best choices .... as the Realtor will be able to provide you with available properties in your price range and size.... and help you decide between older, newer homes or brand new construction.

Good Luck to you... and take your time and make the best decision for YOU!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
You might consider reaching out to several agents/brokers and title companies in FTW. Inquire about the most recent sales (over the past 6 months); find out which developers have repeatedly been closing deals within your price range; and do your research on the ones that in that list. Also, ask those agents/brokers if they have any experience working with any of those developers, and inquire more about those experiences (if applicable).

Additionally, go down to Home Depot, Lowe's, and at least 1 or 2 local hardware stores. Ask some of the reps there whether or not they've worked with any of those developers, and inquire more about those experiences (if applicable). Follow up with the Tarrant county zoning and planning office to do some more digging on each of those developers, and talk with the city inspector. Also, don't forget to contact several inspectors/appraisers to get their opinion about the work of those developers.

In that process, you'll ultimately have assembled a team consisting of an agent/broker, inspector, appraiser, and title agent whom you like and trust. You'll all work together to help you to make the best purchasing decision.
First, hope you make the move. Fort Worth is a great city - small town atmosphere, big city activities. Recommendation is to ck w/the Better Business Bureau, they will know of complaints against builders and help you narrow the field. Next, recommend you make a trip to Fort Worth and look at homes and their quality. Finally, you should work through a Realtor (not because I am one) but because they (we) represent your best interests and can do most of the leg work since you are out of town.
Welcome to Dallas !

You can search Better Business Bureau website.

Note: Never purchase a home direct from listing agent, FSBO, builder UNLESS you have your own agent who represents you.

Direct LInk of home builders:
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5006984

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
You might check JD Powers website. I always take these surveys though with some subjectivity. They don't always measure price range...and even with some of the best builders, you can get a sorry home if the community builder is stretched too thin managing multiple communities, etc.
My suggestion is get a realtor....and have them walk you through the building process.
It doesn't normally cost you anything and often we can save you lots of money and time and headaches.
Take your realtor on the very first visit to any builder to get the best service.

Probably the toughest questions we see on this forum are from new home buyers who did not use a realtor.

Bruce Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Look for a master builder.
Here is a master builder I highly recommend
Sean Knight in Aledo

http://seanknightcustomhomes.com/

Here is a link to one of his high end homes
http://listings.realbird.com/F8D4B9C3/56905.aspx
Happy Trails,
Donnie
Aledo is the place to look. It is about 20 minutes west of FtWorth. Let me know if you are interested in land or new subdivision sites. Exemplary schools. Elite status http://.www.parkerdavisrealestate.com

I know a wonderful builder here.
Yes, It can be overwhelming, take your time and choose your builder with care...if possible consider speaking to other residents who recently had their home constructed...
Thank you i never thought buying a home was such hard work. There are so many contract builders its hard to know who look out for their buyers rather than their wallets. Its our first home we want to chose wisely rather than rush into something we might regret in the further.
You can try looking through the Better Business Bureau, or, for recommendations check out local Chamber of Commerce chapters, possibly ask any agent(s) offline, etc.