In My Neighborhood in 47401>Question Details

Aarmintr, Renter in 47401

Where can I find a propety(of any kind) that would allow a 90lb German shepherd mix dog around the Bloomington,Indiana area?

Asked by Aarmintr, 47401 Mon Jul 30, 2012

I'm trying to find an apartment,home,condo,etc. that will allow me to keep my 8 year old German shepherd mix dog. Obviously most places tell me no because of breed restrictions and then of course weight limits. Im not in the right situation to buy a home, so if anyone could give me any information about land lords that might allow me to keep my dog, that's be fantastic. I'm willing to move anytime after September 1,2012. Thanks!

Answers

4
rent my apt at Bloom Apartments
You can rent at any JC Hart community, they allow for german shepherds at both of their locations in Bloomington. Contact them directly at leasing@homeisthecrest.com or leasing@homeiscityflats.com. Oy you can check them out at http://www.homeisthecrest.com or http://www.homeiscityflats.com.
Hi Aarmintr- I doubt that you will find a condo or apartment that allows a dog that big. It doesn't make sense to me...I have dogs and think that small dogs cause a lot more damage than large ones! Your best bet is to rent a house. If you can give me your general parameters (size, location, rent, etc) I'm happy to do a search for you and let you know what I find. Thanks! Beth Ellis
i'd recommend starting with the largest property management companies. let them know you have the dog and see if they have anything. it can be very time-consuming to work the mom n pop rental market market, so starting with the volume managers is the best approach to get through the market as quickly as possible.