Princess, Home Buyer in Harvey, LA

When will the New Orleans East area people stop having to shop in Metairie and the West Bank we have nothing in this area. It's no wonder homes stay

Asked by Princess, Harvey, LA Tue Jan 1, 2013

on the market there is not much to attract people to that area. I took a drive out there and it was depressing, soon as I got to Metairie it was like I came into civilization. It's a dam shame that the people in New Orleans East settle for ths. The people in the East are sure helping to make Metairie and the West Bank (Jefferson Parish) look beautiful that's where they spend their money and live in East New Orleans

Answers

1
New Orleans City Council actually approved the new WalMart recently. Will be nestled right between NO East and Gentilly, and is expected to open early 2014. Very exciting, as WalMart spends a lot of time and money researching future locations, indicating their confidence in that areas potential recovery. This opening will mean plenty of new jobs in the area, and along with it a demand for more housing, shopping, and services. Thats the best I can give you for the moment, so hang in there a little longer!
I have been hearing this for years about WalMart, are the merchants hasitant about rebuilding in the Eastren NewOrleans area? St. Bernard was devastated beyond that area and its recovery was faster and its lovely there. When I drove to New Orleans East it feels empty it looks so unattractive. A lot of the problem existed before Katrina, Katrina just made it worst.
Flag Tue Jan 1, 2013