Rusty Payton, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

What's up with the proposed Starbucks built from shipping containers? Cool concept or not?

Asked by Rusty Payton, Chicago, IL Mon Jan 28, 2013

Starbucks has proposed building a new drive-in only store at the corner of Devon and Broadway from re-purposed shipping containers. It will be interesting to see if the iconic company can pull it off.

Answers

7
Sound pretty cool to me ---
The coolest part about it is that a group of irate Edgewater independent coffee shop drinkers can hook up some tow ropes to the containers one night, then pedal down Granville to the Lake, and set the Maersk tins of grande venti lattes free.
Very interesting concept to say the least!
Seems like it could be cool. And its starbucks, they can do what they want.
As long as the coffee is the same, I am there! Its a great idea. Starbuck's puts its money where their mouth is in the green department. We need more companies to think more like them. Very cool!
Rusty,

Sounds pretty cool to me. I have seem home made from these recylced shipping containers. It is "green" construction, recycled....

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
As long as they meet the city and state building codes they can build it with whatever they want.
...ofcourse, customers will need to continue to buytheir product as well.