Trulia Sacra…, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

What kinds of industries (besides real estate) thrive in Sacramento?

Asked by Trulia Sacramento, Sacramento, CA Wed Apr 3, 2013

What are common jobs held by residents?

Answers

7
Healthcare, Tech (Intel, HP, Oracle), Grocery Store Chains (Safeway, Raleys/Bel Air, Nugget Markets, Whole Foods ect ect) we have a handful of upper end Retail Centers/Malls that are big employers in the greater sac Area for retail. Food Services. Several well established Car Dealerships employ a large number of sac area residents. Every investment chain I know of (eTrade, Merrill Lynch ect) and many private firms thrive in our area. Several power house Legal Firms have made Sacramento and surrounding areas home to their offices.

And as you mentioned a majority is a Mortgage Banking/Real Estate/Builder based economy. All of which have made our Sacramento area one of the few BUBBLES in our country that have got back on track since the 2007 collapse and have formed a stable market place that allows ALL industries in our area to prosper.
I believe Healthcare is another large industry here??
There are definitely a lot of state jobs in the Sacramento area.
Government, when there is a balanced budget.
I would say the largest sector of employment would be the federal, state and local government. The railroad industry still remains a large industry and Roseville is the HUB.
lol, Elizabeth is joking around. I think!
Our biggest employer here is the State of California. We are the state capital!
Plenty of hospital's around employ plenty of people, plus regular retail establishments, school districts, lawyers, etc. Government is by far the biggest. And we are not a horrible commute to San Francisco, and many will make that commute as well.
Nobody has a job and and if they do, they're either on furlough from the state or they are a real estate agent.