Inna Ivchenko, Real Estate Pro in Encino, CA

What is your favorite things to do/go/visit with family in Los Angeles CA?

Asked by Inna Ivchenko, Encino, CA Thu Apr 19, 2012

There are many cities in LA, feel free to share your experience regardless where you live in LA or even if you just visited or want to! : free places, dining, beach, museums, hiking, etc. Let's tell the world how it is to live in LA! Post links, pictures, whatever you think can be shared! Thank you!

Answers

4
Kathleen (Kat) Becker’s answer
Wow...that's a loaded questions because Los Angeles is so central to many areas!

Here are many of my favorite things and places to visit...

The Beach...mostly Zuma or Redondo.
The Santa Monica Pier
The Griffith Park Observatory
The Los Angeles Zoo
City Walk at Universal Studios
Magic Mountain
LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) on Wilshire Blvd
The Peterson Automotive Museum on Wilshire Blvd.
Museum of Science and Industry by USC
Natural History Museum by USC
Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach
Queen Mary in Long Beach
The Santa Monica Promenade
The Aquarium at the Santa Monica Pier
The Self Realization Fellowship Meditation Gardens on Sunset Blvd., better know as the Lake Shrine

Just a few of places I love to go...and there are many many more!

Have fun visiting!

Kat
I like to "hike" at either Griffith Park, or the Zoo. Buy an annual zoo pass and for under $200 the whole family can go as often as you like. We go 2-3 times a week and treat it as exercise, not a cotton candy, carmel corn meandering venture. The terrain is hilly, and if you keep a brisk pace, you'll feel it. I take my DSLR and get some great shots at the same time. Added benefit, the weight in the backpack adds to the work out. There isn't anywhere else in LA that is so strikingly beautiful with flora and fauna, relatively cool, under dense tree cover and as interesting to hike, all at once.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
An LA native for 23 years, Runyon Canyon is a must (and it is free). If you go in the afternoon during the week, you may see a celebrity or two on their afternoon hike. Also, you have to do at least one of the museums.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 24, 2012
Great call, my only word of advice is to be careful with your belongings inside your car when you park. I recently hid my purse in the trunk of my car and came back from hiking to a smashed car window and a stolen purse! Take keys, water and pack a few dollars in your pocket rather than leave belongings in your car (even if they are out of sight!)
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012
Santa Monica beach, the pier, resturants, etc!

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 652-1768
| Fax: (800) 652-7604
http://www.hpremiereproperties.com
neal@hpemiere.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 19, 2012