In My Neighborhood in Chico>Question Details

John Barroso, Real Estate Pro in Chico, CA

What is your favorite part of living in the Chico area?

Asked by John Barroso, Chico, CA Wed May 15, 2013

The small town feel and places like Bidwell Park, downtown, and the CSU Chico campus are the obvious attractions of Chico, but what lesser-known charms made you fall in love with our town?

Answers

5
Aaron Rodgers, Clean Canteen, Chico Bags, Bidwell Park (one of the largest parks in the US I belive,) agriculture, great downtown district, known as a "bike town" where everyone rides bikes, great music scene, lots of trees, tons of local events. Google all of these things and you will see.
As a native California, born in the small town of "don't blink you'll miss it", Greenville; the drive along the Feather River thru the canyon is and always will be near and dear to this Cal-Gal's heart. So living in Chico now over 30 years would be hard to replace. The fact that it is truly one of THE friendliest towns around, plus the scenery of "The City of Trees" as it is known to many locals is one of its treasures besides the values of its community members investing in family oriented events/activities/celebrations is incomparable. Community outreach ministries and organizations to lend a helping hand of support is stellar for a town of our 90,000 +/- population. We are truly blessed to live in an area where God's thumbprint of creation is evident.
Thanks for asking, Leslie Moller
Leslie.... I didn't know you grew up in Greenville! I grew up in Lake Almanor. The Highway 32 drive down to the "big" city of Chico is priceless :)
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Which neighborhood is more family oriented in Chico? Somewhere with more kids around and schools close by?
I love the farmers markets!! Nobel orchards in Paradise has the best apples.
Jan Davis
please help!! family of 4 (small children) looking to move to Chico CA for possible job offer. we are coming from big east coast city. have many questions and concerns about chico. your thoughts??? thanks