In My Neighborhood in 34613>Question Details

Andy1469, Home Owner in Vermont

What is the sink hole activity like in this area ?

Asked by Andy1469, Vermont Wed Apr 6, 2011

Answers

4
Andy,

Florida sink holes can happen any time and any where in Florida....it's all about subterrenian water movement. We typically see an increase in sink hole activity during the winter months that has been traced to farm areas pumping excessive amounts of water to prevent damage from crops freezing.

Two years ago a portion of Interstate 4 had to be shut down because of sink hole activity....It's impossible to predict where one may occur but if you are intending on living in or near a rural farming area, it would be fair to assume your percentages would increase.

Hope this is helpful.

If you are interested in searching a particular address of a home in Hernando County, there is a way you can search for this information on-line through Hernando County Property Appraiser. But you may need too follow up with a phone call to that Dept. for any Engineer Reports, and Swiftmud too. I would be happy to tell you more, please call me to give you details.
I suggest you check this out on Florida Water website, swiftmud.com
There has not been any sink holes in the area