In My Neighborhood in 91361>Question Details

Frer50, Home Buyer in Westlake Village, CA

What is the single life like in Westlake Village for someone in her 60's?

Asked by Frer50, Westlake Village, CA Tue Jan 10, 2012

Answers

7
There is a fantastic neighborhood resource in Thousand Oaks (just adjacent to Westlake Village) called the Goebel Adult Community Center. They have classes, community events, dances, etc. for the senior community and people really love it! It's part of the Conejo Valley Parks and Recreation Department 805.495.6471.

Add to this the Civic Arts Center, Gardens of the World, The Lakes, The Westlake Promenade, fine dining and outdoor shopping and it's a great place for anyone!

I'd love to chat more, so please feel free to contact me anytime.

Brian Graver
http://www.BrianGraver.com
Our dad moved here at age 65 after our mom died and he had a blast! He said the entire area is a "Senior Retirement" community. He danced with 14 lady friends at our surprise birthday party for him. Life is not boring here for older singles if you get out of your house and join groups and are friendly. I have other retired single friends who love it here too.
It depends on what you are looking for. There is really not a 'singles scene' for people like myself who does not like to meet new friends in bars. It is a sleepy town with a lot of families and retired couples. Hope I do not sound like a downer but single life is hard in Westlake Village.
Great area! You have alot of things to do, like nice shopping centers, parks, Civic Theatre for entertainment, The Landing near the lake and more! Have you been out to Westlake Village? If you're not currently working with an agent, I can send you more information and be happy to show you around the area. Feel free to contact me.
Since opinions are oftentimes subjective, and what may be good for one may not necessarily be the case for another, if unfamiliar with the area why not take the time and visit more than once and different times of day; possibly chat with locals/neighbors, check out all that is important to you, then determine if your comfort level will be reached.
The answer below is very detailed and may give you enough insights, but I have a little advice, if you allow me,
LIFE IN GENERAL NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT don't you agree?

And which neighborhood works for you will be completely different from what works for someone else...
Therefore as Realtors we have to be very careful with recommendations of any kine, as when it comes to
neighborhoods it could be perceived as "steering" a client to or away from certain areas and that is illegal for
Realtors to do. The best for you and any buyer would be to drive through the neighborhoods, and you should
work with a local Realtor, and you can ask him or her to show you where the amenities are located that you
are looking for, like restaurants, shopping, parks etc. Public transportation...

Take care!
Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life! and Chicago and Northern Illinois / North Shore Expert with @Properties
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike....
Edith Always goes the X-tra Mile with a Smile for all her clients .....
Referrals are always highly appreciated!

In order to get to know me a little bit better and to find out the expertise, experience, and the various services of a Realtor can make the purchase or sale of a home a pleasant experience go to
http://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
pl. excuse any typos - I am rushing to meet with clients....
Good Luck to you and have a happy and healthy 2012
Frer50,
If you like to shop and hang out at trendy restaurants, life can be a blast in Westlake Village. Walking on the walkway by the Landing parking lot is a relaxed way to see the electric boats, sailboats, kayaks, and a few row boats on the water. There are several restaurants, lakefront, that you can sit outside and enjoy the view with a drink or meal. A few of them are Boccaccios, Zin Bistro, and Landing Grill & Sushi Bar.
Westlake Village has hiking trails to enjoy the great outdoors. Location near the Santa Monica Mountains gives one the ability to hike trails with great views all within the area. There are also many walking trails that are tailored for the young and elderly that wind throught the neighborhoods of Westlake Village. One is the Westlake Vista trail and the other the Pentachaeta Trail. The nice stroll is a paved walkway around the dry Potrero Creek with green grass and trees for shade in the neighborhood. This path is south on Westlake Blvd. just past Bridgegate St., on the right hand side. Enjoy your stroll.
Even more activities are going on for single seniors down the hill in Leisure Village.