AshburnBuyer, Home Buyer in 20148

What is the normal turnaround time to get home warranty work completed?

Asked by AshburnBuyer, 20148 Sun May 18, 2014

I bought a new Single Family home in Ashburn back in March 2012. In order to meet the 1 year Home Warranty program I had to notify my builder prior to 3/30/13. 1 month prior to the Mar 30th deadline, I reported a bunch of home defects to my builder to repair.
Question: What is the normal time for the builder to repair my defects under the 1 year home warranty program? There were some items fixed but I still have about 5 outstanding items yet to be fixed. I contacted the builder several times in the last 12 months but still no repair person has fixed my issue. Is it normal for warranty repairs to take over a year to get resolved in the Ashburn area?

Answers

1
No, waiting over a year for items to fixed is not normal. The items requested should have been taken care of by the builder immediately. You should push to get this resolved as soon as possible. Seeing that you are actually over a year out, it may be even more difficult to get the items repaired. Good luck and if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me.