Denise, Home Buyer in 13215

What is the neighborhood like on Willumae Dr and is the crime rate high. Is tere shopping areas like NYC and is the homes in this area in good?

Asked by Denise, 13215 Sun Jan 30, 2011

conditions or is there abandon homes or empty lots all over.

Answers

6
Denise, There are not empty lots it is an ok area. Willumae is a city neighborhood and like all the city neighborhoods you are not too far from the rough neighborhoods. There is no hiding it, I live in the city in a nice neighborhood but I am not for from the rough area, my family has owned this house since 1940 and we decided to restore it and many others do the same we are keeping our city !! We love it. If you have kids and are looking for good city schools etc. that's another question, it all depends on what you are looking for? Shopping isn't far, highways aren't far, hospitals are close actually in the city access to most everything is pretty easy. Call me if you have any more questions or email..mhdessein@gmail.com or cell 315-762-2161
Hi Denise,
I've lived in the City of Syracuse for 24 years and I have the best neighbors! In fact tonight my neighbor 2 doors down snow blowed my driveway ahead of the big storm and promised to keep it clean during the storm. The people in my neighborhood are awesome just like so many neighborhoods of the City of Syracuse. I sell city property for the most part and I know every area and it's values. If you want to work with someone that knows the City, contact me and I will be happy to help you. As for Willumae Dr, it's a wonderful area close to everything. I know people that lived on that street for years and loved it. My number is 315-374-3611 or email me at Debbiesells@aol.com. My web site is http://www.Experiencedagent.com Thank you for your question!
If you are unfamiliar with the area, do visit more than once and at different times of day, look for anything of importance to you, check out shops, dine at a local eatery, possibly chat with locals, etc.; then make a determination....as for any crime concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information is the local police department, consider a call/visit and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand.
Denise,

This is a desirable and affordable city neighborhood. Close to shopping, schools and other services. I grew up not far form this area and know the residents took pride in their homes and neighborhood.

Questions regarding fire and police activity in any location is most accurately answered by the agency involved; and they are willing to help you.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

George Cerio
(315) 682-9500 ext. 342
Denise,
This is a terrific neighborhood. I have 3 friends who live on this street. 1 is a fireman, 1 is retired police officer and 1 works for the power company. This neighbor hood is quiet and convenient. It is close to parks, schools and shopping, yet has little traffic and great neighbors. Willumae is within miles of shopping at Carousel Center. http://www.carouselcenter.com/
and all the great shops in downtown Syracuse
http://downtownsyracuse.com/static/C1
The City of Syracuse has incredible services from Police and Fire to Public Works and Parks, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you any further.

Ted Ackerman
tackerman@prudentialcnyrealty.com
Denise,

Often the best resource for crime and safety issues are the local police department or the county sheriff's department. They have access to the most current and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.