In My Neighborhood in Puget>Question Details

Kellymcollins, Home Buyer in Blaine, WA

What is the neigbourood her like? Families? Looking at blakley CRT home, pugrt are of Bellingham 98229. Thank you.

Asked by Kellymcollins, Blaine, WA Fri Mar 23, 2012

Answers

11
Hi Kelly,

Both Pacificview and Barkley are fine neighborhoods. I agree with the assessments you’ve made of both areas. I would add that Barkley (not necessarily good or bad, just an observation) does offer a bit more diversification in terms of neighborhood make up mainly due to multiple plats that were developed at different times. The City desired a “mix” when the area was platted resulting in varying single family and condo areas ranging from modestly designed and valued homes to more higher end homes and pricing. Both are quality desirable areas and I wouldn’t be concerned about crime in either of those neighborhoods. Typically, due to the size of the area, Barkly has more available inventory. I’m taking a new listing up in Barkley this coming week. We haven’t priced it yet, I’m meeting with them Monday to get things rolling. If you’d like some preliminary info. before it hits the market, feel free to drop me an email and I’d be happy to get you the scoop.

Mike
yes Mike, will send you an email for info.
Flag Sun Mar 25, 2012
Dear Kelly;

The Barkley area seems to be more vibrant, which could be due to the newer "urban village" type concept this area posesses. The style of building in Barkley is also much more modern and trendy.
Either are is close to amenities...Probably more young families in the Barkley area due to demographics and prices.
There's a similar crime rate to Pacificview.
On another note, you can always go to my website and learn about city neighborhoods.. http://.www.whatcomhousehunters.com...or the City of Bellingham website.

Hope this helps,

Rob
Thank you for all the info. It is very helpful! Ignore all the typos in my first post as it was done on my ipad!
Trying to decide on this part of town verses Barkley Village area. The homes are closer together in that area but we like the proximity to town via trails and amenities at the bottom of the hill. Not sure which area is safer, more desired, and family friendly.

thank you,
Kelly

thank you,
Kelly
I have listing coming up in that neighborhood.. on Rosorio Ct. Anybody interested contact me. 2600 sq ft and very open and gracious floor plan. Main floor master and view out over the city.
price range?
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012
Dear Kelly;

The Pacificview Neighborhood is one of Bellingham's better neighborhoods. The schools servicing this part of town have higher than average ratings per student test scores. The lots are quite large. The streets are wide, and I heard one of them is even paved with gold!
The large size of the lots means there is far less population density than most other areas in Bellingham. These homes are primarily custom built, leading to a better qualiity home than in many other areas in Bellingham. The development itself is around 15 years old, and when built these homes were higher priced homes complete with CCR's (Covenant/Codes/Restrictions) to protect your investment. Having CCR's means that there are rules to follow.
While fairly close to downtown, Pacificview is still close to biking trails including Galbraith Mountain as well as Lake Padden to the south.
Area demographics point to a typical amount of families in this neighborhood. The income level of most of these families will be higher than average for Bellingham, but not as high as the Edgemoor neighborhood.

This home is in fact pending, which means that there is already an accepted contract on it. If you are interested I can ask the listing agent if this pending is very solid, since not all pending sales result in a closed transaction. Please let me know and I'll get right on it if you'd like. I can also put you in touch with the neighborhood association.

Have a nice day!

Rob
When I was a kid we called that area "the top of Toledo hill". The subdivision and blakely Ct. had not been built yet. It is a great place to raise a family and for that matter a wonderful place to live. It is close enough for your children to walk to the Civic Center, to play ball or soccer and to swim at the Arne Hanna Pool area. It is a safe area with a mix of families and empty nesters.
Over the years many areas in Bellingham have changed. This is an area that has kept it's character as a top place to live and invest. It appeals to people who have an interest to live close in so thay can be a part of our great CIty, yet have the quiet, privacy and beauty that we all desire. Your children will enjoy living and connecting with friends and attending the schools, (as they are excellent) and you as parents will enjoy the convenience and security of this newer yet traditional area.
For more stories of old Bellingham and information about this neighborhood feel free to give me a call.
Thanks very much,
Rick
This neighborhood is one of Bellingham’s finest. Over the years Pacificview has been one of the most desirable places to live and very appealing to families, I’ve never had a disappointed client in Pacificview. The home on Blakely is currently under contract, pending inspection…..perhaps it is your offer that is in place. There is another home currently available, if you would like more information or we can be of assistance, please let me know.
Awesome area for families, location is great as are the schools. Lots are big and they went out of their way to keep as many tree's as possible. Best thing you can do is tour the area - notice you are from Blaine, if we can help out let us know.
Not only is it gorgeous there, but the location is ideal. You can be almost anywhere within moments, yet have this lovely serene neighborhood to reside in. You'll love it! That's two votes in favor!
Blakely would be a terrific home! Large lots, beautiful tall trees, distant territorial views... a stand out community. My sister has lived in the neighborhood since it opened in 1991 and I have sold two homes in there in the past few months. Chuck Occhiogrosso