In My Neighborhood in 11369>Question Details

Maritza Sant…, Both Buyer and Seller in East Elmhurst, NY

What is the current RE commission for East Elmhurst, NY?

Asked by Maritza Santana, East Elmhurst, NY Fri Apr 1, 2011

My realtor is charging 6% to sell my house which was reduced to the minimum it could be reduced. Is that the commission charged by realtors to sell houses in this area?

Answers

7
If you ask around, most brokers are, in fact, charging 6% in the East Elmhurst, Astoria, Long Island City area; however, if you give them an exclusive, sometimes they will come down to 5%. Let's face it, if a broker is doing his or her job properly, they need to market your property and that can become quite costly, especially in any of the five boroughs. Therefore, I don't think 6% is unreasonable considering their out of pocket expense, as long as your property is being properly marketed to generate some interest (i.e. print ads, open houses, posted on various websites).
There are certainly agents/brokers that will charge you less - but you get what you pay for even with real estate. There are agents/brokers that call themselves "discount" brokers but they really are "limited service" brokers. Good luck!

Ralph Windschuh
Associate Broker
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
The broker's fee depends on each Brokerage Agency. There is not a standard fee that all the realtors charge.
Hope this helps you answer your question.
Gloria Catsimalis
Broker
Mrs. Maritza Santana
We have to meet to answer any question you may have.Also,I would like to introduce myself as the leading Century Homes realty Group, agent in the Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn areas. My goal as a listing agent is to help you sell your home for the highest price, in the shortest period of time and with the least amount of inconvenience to you.

Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
Web Reference: http://www.desire2own.com
There is no such thing as "current real estate commission" for East Elmhurst or anywhere else. Setting a commission is against Anti-Trust Laws.

In my opinion, the Realtor sets their commission based on what they believe they are worth.
Web Reference: http://gailgladstone.com
Commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards as it would go against Federal Laws--have a discussion with your agent...
Maritza - there is no "average" standard, regular, or normal commission (anywhere in the country... New York, or elsewhere)... commissions are negotiable.

That doesn't mean each and every agent will negotiate his/her commission, simply that different agents, and different agencies may be willing to charge different rates (often for diverse services).

Ask around.. it surely possible that 6% is the lowest that your Realtor is willing to charge, but that doesn't mean that another Realtor in your community wouldn't be willing to list your home for less.

Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201