Crissy Dougl…, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

What is the best Company in the Fishtown area to get my house in Fishtown rented?

Asked by Crissy Douglas, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jul 24, 2008

I have a house that I completely renovated. I tried selling it last year was not able to so I rented it. My tenants are moving out Sept 1 and now I need to get it rented ASAP. I have had bad experience with a rental company so I am very leary about signing a contract and agreeing to give them 1 months rent.
A little about the property:
3 BR 1B plus an extra area that could be used as a den/office area. The kitchen has Stainless Steel appliances, the bath has ceramic tile and a dbl sink vanity, true hardwood flrs downstairs, a washer and dryer in the basement and a great deck outside. There is also parking right outside the house and there is a great park across the street called Conrad Square.

Please help so I don't go bankrupt!! Thank you

Answers

7
We help many of our clients rent their properties in Fishtown, Northern Liberties, Old Kensington, Old City and Port Richmond. We are not a rental company nor do we specialize in rentals. We specialize in Listing Homes for sale.

That being said it is easy to see how we have had success helping some of our higher-end rentals get rented. As listing agents we have the marketing infrastructure in place which gets your home in front of the right people. We pull credit for a nominal fee and sometimes free and draw up leases that are protective to both landlord and tenant.

We do not manage the rental. That would be up to you. Our fee is 1 month rent of which we split with a cooperating agent if they bring the tenant.

If you would like our assistance, feel free to contact us.
Hi Chrissy,
My boyfriend and I are looking to move to Fishtown for an October 1 move-in date. We're down in FL, so we're having to do everything online :( What are you currently asking for your place? Would you be able to email me some photos of the place?
Crissy, Try to rent it yourself on Criagslist. No one has a bigger vested interest than you in the property. You will save the money and get it rented faster. Just make sure you check their credit, check pay stubs, don't rent unless they have been at job at least a year and don't be too anxious to rent. You're better off leaving empty for a month or two than renting to someone who can't pay the rent.

Mike Jordan
http://www.mjj1.com
mike@mjj1.com
215-870-3903
Hi Crissy,

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You could try craigslist but you need to be very careful.

I do believe that your best bet would be to hire another company and trust me, not all companies are like your previous one.

I would love to help you get your place rented.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss what I will do for you.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com
Crissy,
Try posting a rental ad in "The Northeast Times", which is a smaller, ad oriented weekly local paper. It is a resourceful newspaper for finding ads of all sorts, job listings, where exactly to hit flea markets, rental section, various for sale items, etc....................many people are aware of the paper and look to it for the ads when "in need" of something even if they do not read it regularly, and people outside of the northeast use it as well. I belive posting an ad costs less than other larger local papers too. Here, they have a website too................good luck to you.
I did forget to mention that I have been trying to get it rented on my own. I have been listing it on craigslist, Local.com and rentinphilly.com. So this is my last resort. Thanks for trying to help!!
Hello Crissy,
Are you local? If so you may want to give renting it your own a shot.
Ive had a lot of luck using Craigslist.com