Karen Pawlak, Real Estate Pro in Arlington Heights, IL

What is the average price of people's gas bill? We have recently got a $396.00 bill, and wondering if this is normal for the winter.

Asked by Karen Pawlak, Arlington Heights, IL Wed Mar 10, 2010

We just moved into the Palatine area last summer. We realize that we need more insulation. We are not on the gas budget plan. However, I am just reaching out to see what other folks are experiencing.

Answers

2
Does the gas company come out and look at the meter or do they guess what it should be? Sometimes they guess in some areas and get it wrong. Depending on house and insulation that could be high or low.
You are in the Greater Chicago Area & I am in the Greater Cleveland Area. This year we have been slammed with snow & cold temperatures that either broke or nearly broke weather records. So, I don't think you can compare this year to another year as a normal year. After this Winter, I can't wait for Spring!