Gordonr, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

What is it like to live in Kensington? Is it close to grocery stores, restaurants, the trolley? Moving from Seattle in about a year.

Asked by Gordonr, San Diego, CA Fri Sep 9, 2011

Answers

4
indnyeal’s answer
My wife and I moved here last year after a 3 year search. This is a friendly village of about 500 homes built after the turn of the century in a variety of styles: mission, craftsman, spanish, Spanish revival. You are close to everything in the city and can walk to a library, Starbucks and Five cool restaurants. Von's market and Rite-Aid are 3 blocks, major mall is 5 minutes by car and Gaslamp district is 10 minutes by car. Someone from Microsoft moved here shortly after we did and they say they don't miss Seattle. Avg temp is 74 degrees. Mediterranean climate, not much rain, but skiing is less than 2 hours away. Beach 20 minutes away, max. Indnyeal@gmail.com or 619-871-4790 NOT A BROKER, BANKER. LENDER. NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY RE BUSINESS. Dick
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Kensington is one of the best locations in all of San Diego. Lovely community and everything is within walking distance. You can't go wrong...if you can afford the neighborhood. Pricey...for buying or renting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 13, 2011
Kensington is lovely. It is comprsied of classic older homes, quiet tree lined streets, and sidewalks. With a 'village feel,' you can walk to a coffee shop or restaurant, or walk the neighborhood with your dog.

As with all good things in life, it is expensive. Houses start in the high $600's and go up from there. Houses over $1 million dollars are common.

If you would like additional information, please let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 12, 2011
Kensington is a great area. There is close shopping and central transportation. I have had many clients fall in love with the area for its style and culture.

Mike Shenkman
Broker Associate
Century 21 Award
(619) 250-3931

DRE# 01460198
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011