In My Neighborhood in 08226>Question Details

buyertdp, Home Buyer in Ocean City, NJ

What is/are the most crowded beach(es) in Ocean City? Where's the best place to get less-crowded beaches there?

Asked by buyertdp, Ocean City, NJ Wed Jun 20, 2012

Answers

10
Susan Gardner’s answer
You'll want to head down to the north-end or go deep south. However, if you have children, try to stay more centralized to take advantage of the OVERLY guarded beaches!
I would be happy to give you a quick tour guide of OC!

Susan Gardner
Weichert Realtors
Cell: (609) 425-5337

Your Full Time Real Estate Professional
If you want to just sit on the beach, and not swim, either of the two ends of the island offer relatively uncrowded beaches. The inlets at both ends of the island have strong currents and are not suitable for swimming, but are great for walking, sunbathing and surf fishing. If you want uncrowded guarded beaches, probably Seaspray Beach at the north end and many of the guarded beaches south of 34th St (every third street has a lifeguard) are less crowded. The biggest crowds are between 5th and 13th St along the boardwalk, because that is where most of the food concessions are. At the north end, North St beach is popular but crowded, but E Atlantic beach to the north is less so, and Waverly, which is a surfing only beach, is a good place to sit and watch the action.

Joan Farrell
Monihan Realty Inc.
609-399-1311 office
609-517-7644 cell
joan@monihan.com
http://www.joanfarrell.com
The most crowded beaches are along the boardwalk area from 6th to 14th street. The least crowded beaches are the Gardens are or the Southend. IF you are thinking of buying , you have a great sense of timing the market. Call me anytime, Lets look at some homes!! Joe Jauss Berskshire Hathaway (609)231-6209
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
I've been in Ocean City since 1958. Call me at 609-412-8258 and I will guide you to the right location for your family. My website is http://www.kenfowser.com
Try going to the Gardens section of Ocean City especially the beach entrance at the corner of seaspray & waverly it is a guarded beach and very open no crowds even on weekends.
Mike Rayno
Prudential Fox & Roach
You may want to try Sea Bright, Avon,Belmar, PointPleasant...... daily badges required. Sandy Hook is wonderful, however you must get there early......7 miles long it is a national park
Ocean City's beaches are wonderful! However, if you like wide open spaces on the beaches you need to head towards the southern areas of the island. In fact the farther south you go the wider the beaches! The north end falls victim to the erosion caused by yearly storms and are replenished on a regular basis (usually every three years).
Yes I would say if you go to either of the furthest ends of the island... The beach right next to the Longport bridge - that one is great, has a small parking lot and a lot of sand space.
I think the North end beaches are generally more crowded, especially in the commercial sections of the boardwalk( 6th st. to 14th st.). The least crowded beach are in the South end or far North end.
The south end is less crowded. The Island is pair shaped and the small end in in the 35-59 streets