In My Neighborhood in 65584>Question Details

Danielle, Other/Just Looking in Great Falls, MT

What is a good town to purchase a home near Fort Leonard Wood, MO?

Asked by Danielle, Great Falls, MT Thu Oct 15, 2009

I think Lebanon is the place to be, You can live a normal life in a family oriented town, and drive to work wherever it may be, Ft wood just 25 miles down interstate 44. Lebanon has 14000 people
in the city and 35000 in the county, we have groceries, shopping, a Civic Center, a golf club, and lots of churches.

I love it here.

Linda Eidson
Coldwell Banker Town and Country Real Estate
422 S Jefferson
Lebanon, Mo 65536
I think it all depends on your preference and what your acustom too, If you like quite country settings or the charm of a small town.. Laquey,Richland,Crocker area may be the ticket. If you lived in a bigger town or city Waynesville/St. Robert, Lebanon or Rolla may be your cup of tea! It all depends on you... most people will agree anywhere in Pulaski County is a great place to live and there are plenty of activities close by.. Hunting ,fishing,boating,camping,water parks,shopping, the list goes on and on....
I was born and raised here so I'm alittle one sided , but many families coming to Ft. Wood are seeing the potential in the small towns surrounding the base and are making these their homes. Plenty of Nature, History , & Great People is what makes our community top notche! Have a Great Day!!!

Anthony Burton
Post Realty & Associates LLC
Hello Danielle,

Good towns to purchase a home in near Fort Leonard Wood - you have to define "good" husband was active duty for 20 years - we were stationed many times at Ft Wood .... "good" to me is within 20 - 25 minutes to the PX area on post. So....good towns to live in would be, Evening Shade, Roby, Plato, Laquey, Crocker, Stoutland, Richland, Dixon, Waynesville and St. Robert.

All of the above listed towns are within that driving time, have many military families and have good resale.

Hope this helps! :-)

Thanks tons,
Shellene Beacham
REALTOR® Century 21 Prestige
417-533-4994 "Sell" phone
800-221-6228 Toll Free email web site
Danielle -

There are many nice towns around Fort Wood including Lebanon MO and Rolla MO.

Lebanon is a popular option, as many families like the schools and services the town offers while getting away from some of the feel of the Fort. Many people car pool from Lebanon up to the Fort - it's an easy drive up I-44 even if driving on your own.

Rolla is a college town and also offers various services.

If you'd like to look at some of the home options in Lebanon, please visit my website: Here you'll find listings plus on the home page, at the top, about the middle you'll see a link to search our local MLS. That will give you even more options.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Debbie DiFonzo, e-PRO, GRI, SRS
Broker / Owner
United Country VIP Realty
Lebanon MO