Jlt, Other/Just Looking in Slidell, LA

What flood zone is W Queens Dr in the North Forest subdivision? Also, is this a safe area to raise my children? The nearby school looks excellent.

Asked by Jlt, Slidell, LA Mon Mar 26, 2012

Answers

6
Wish I could find out who owns 226 south queens dr he is a slum lord and I think owns a few house in north forest
Use to be a nice neighborhood until Katrina it has went to crap junk cars everywhere no home owners association and w queens is flood zone.
W Queens should be a flood zone C according to the map,you are just north of the interstate across from me,i am south of i -10 in the same area.most St Tammany parish schools are great,just south of I-10 will put you in another school zone which is rated at top of the charts also,I live in this area with kids and it seems to be pretty safe here for the last 15 years.If you need to view any of the propertys in person please give me a call@985 640 0648
Hi, Jlt,

Acutually, W Queens is divided on flood zone, the half closest to Brownswitch is in a flood zone whereas the back half is not. If you are looking at a particular home, send me the address and I will research it for you. Also, that subdivision qualifies for special financing. If you're not already working with an agent, please contact me, I'd be more than happy to help you find your perfect home.

Stacey Chehardy
985-710-0050 cell
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
2053 East Gause Blvd, Ste 100
Slidell, LA 70461
985-649-6333

Check out my web site: http://www.YourLaAgent.com

Each Office Independently Owned & Operated
Broker & Associates are licensed by the State of Louisiana
Good morning -
Yes, there are good schools in the neighborhood, as in almost all of St Tammany Parish. In fact, St Tammany rates at the top of LA schools. As for safety, I'dk refer you to the crime stats that are posted by the St Tammany Sheriff's office. However, it is safe to say, St Tammany has nowhere near the crime level of Orleans or Jefferson pariishes. Would you like to see the home on Wl Queens? Call me. I'll be glad to arrange an appointment for you. Thanks -
Joyce Albert
504-451-8343
http://StTammanyHomesForSale.com/
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
2053 E. Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70461 US
Ph: 985-649-6333 Fax: 985-265-4247
ABR®, SRS®, Realtor®, Licensed in the State of LA
All offices independently owned and operated
LOL - please excuse my typos.... Have a great day!!
Flag Tue Mar 27, 2012
Hey Jlt,
Hope your well... W Queens is in Flood zone C its also above I- 12 which sometimes makes your home owners insurance less expensive too. As far as scools they are excellent and its a good place for children lots of extracaricular activities near by. John Slidell Park and the bowling alley as well as a few community pools. Another really great thing about this areas is its one of the few areas in Slidell that homes can be purchases with 100% financing. If you have any other questions please let me know!
David