In My Neighborhood in Denver>Question Details

Lane Walsh, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO

What do you love about your Denver Neighborhood?

Asked by Lane Walsh, Denver, CO Thu Dec 8, 2011

Shana Stokes’ answer
I am partial to the Southeast area of Denver. Particularly the area between Colorado Blvd and Quebec and Leetsdale to Evans. In this area you can see a lot of diverse style of homes. You have very nice condos and townhomes, perfect for first time homebuyers and investors as well as grand homes with lush landscaping. This area gives anyone, young or old, plenty to do. Everything form shopping, restaurants, golf courses and plenty of parks.
I love Denver as a whole. Where ever you choose to hang your hat should be determined by your personal goals. Schools, work, church, and gym? The Metro Area is a well planned city that has everything to offer. From Opera to skiing and everything in between. The people here as a whole are down to earth. As far as the area I have chosen to call home is Littleton.
When you have narrowed down an area based on your needs and price range, look at the demographics. Once you have it narrowed down I would suggest spending a Saturday doing the things you would normally do. Gym, church, shopping, walking around downtown.... You will get a "feel" for what works for you.
Hi Lane,

Out of the many great Denver neighborhood I am partial to the North East Denver neighborhood of Park Hill. We moved here from Oklahoma in the '60s and settled in Park Hill. There is something for everyone. There are a few homes still actually under $100,000 remaining and upto over $1,000,000.

The best featurea are the big trees, great archetecture, quiet streets and more. We are nestled between City Park and the new Stapleton development center. and from Colfax to I-70. With the old world charm and the convenience of Stapleton it is the best of both worlds. Everything from Denver Squares, Victorian, and Tudors, to the solid brick post war '50s ranch homes make it a quaint and comfortable place to live. My Mother still lives in the same home we moved into in 1964. some of our neighbors have been there that long as well. Also we have an influx of new residents from all the suburbs that love the convenience and the proximity to Downtown Denver as well as all of the other amenities. Park Hill has been nationally recognized for it's diversity as well as beauty and convenience. Thanks for asking. What is your favorite.
Web Reference:
Wellshire, just adjacent to the North of the golf course. Hasn't been "discovered" yet even thought it has 29 new homes and 2 under construction. It is immediatly across Yale from Observatory Park. Bigger lots than Observatory, Slavens School, little traffic as there is no commercial in the neighborhood, and the golf course is the southern boundary. No bus's or liquor trucks like Wash Park. Walk score of 78. you can walk to 4 neighborhood shopping centers, Frederick Ross Library, Eisenhower Park & Rec center, 5 minutes to light rail. The 65 mile long and connected Highline Canal hike & bike trail is adjacent to Wellshire. A good number of Wellshire residents bike to work @ DTC or downtown. I have the last new for sale home left in Wellshire. see the floor plan and virtual tour @ IT'S MAIN MASTERED!!!
What neighborhood would that be, Jacquie? I'm sure everyone would love to know which neighborhoods have walk-able liquor stores!
okay...i was just kidding. I love being close to Colorado Blvd. The center of the universe. I love being close to the bike path and tons of shopping in Cherry Creek.
I can walk to my liquor store.
What I don't like about my neighborhood. My kids go to one of the best DPS schools: Cory. The parks, the shoppping, the bike trails, the entretainment and of couse the dining!
I love it all! I live in Highlands Ranch. Highlands Ranch is an awesome planned Community with tons of Shopping, Great Schools, parks and more!
Check out for info on Available homes, foreclosures, and sold home data.