In My Neighborhood in 91730>Question Details

Jamie  Henne…, Real Estate Pro in Upland, CA

What do you do when the Seller wants to interview multiple agents?

Asked by Jamie Hennessey, Upland, CA Sun May 6, 2012

What do you do when a Seller wants to interview multiple agents? What goes through your mind? What's your game plan?

Answers

4
I answer their questions, make a listing presentation, and try to develop rapport. It is also my goal to demonstarte as much knowledge as I can about the neighobrhood, market trends, and ways to sell a home.
Always encourage Sellers to interview multiple agents as it is their right to find the best agent to broker their property. If you are a great agent you should never have anything to worry about. Be confident in your ability to sell each property uniquely. Let each potential client know your track record. If you are a new agent use it an positive light, "I am a new agent, I may not have the experience but with the backing and education of my broker it makes me just as experienced as the next. Furthermore I am going to work harder for you than any other agent because I am a new agent". As Real Estate Agents our job is not only to sell property but also sell ourselves.
Encourage the seller to interview me last.
My listing presentation is a bit different from most. I don't talk about my experience, education, company, or anything else related to me. I simply take them through the process of developing a listing plan for their home that includes preparation, pricing and marketing, plus specific performance measurements and desired deal parameters. At the end, they present to me the plan that we built together and I say - sign here. How can they say "no" to themselves?
Works 99% of the time.
I commonly hear this when a seller has already done several interviews: "Agent X from Big Franchise Real Estate talked to us for an hour about how wonder he is and how wonderful his brokerage is and how they can do things no one else can do. He never once asked about us and what we want."
Always go last.
I always expect that a seller is interviewing other agents. What goes through my head is to really get an understanding of what is important to the seller. I listen to their concerns, desires, needs, wants, etc. And then I decide if we are a good fit. If we are a good fit then I ask them to hire me. If they still want to interview other agents I ask more questions, because either (1) we are not a good fit or (2) I have failed to communicate effectively for them to feel comfortable to make a decision to hire me.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com