In My Neighborhood in 32563>Question Details

mjwolfrum, Home Buyer in Gulf Breeze, FL

What are the tax, insurance and utilitly rates?

Asked by mjwolfrum, Gulf Breeze, FL Wed Sep 28, 2011

Answers

4
Do you have a specific property you are interested in? For insurance, the rates depend upon age of home, what coverage you want, etc, If you home is homesteaded your taxes are less. If you can give me a specific property I can give you more detail information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 28, 2011
MJ,
As you well know by your question these are variables and are different for each property. However, they can be different for each person as well. Exemptions (taxes), company/policy preference (insurance), and usage (utility) can vary for the same property. There is a property tax calculator for put out by our property appraiser's office. That link is below. Insurance questions are best answered by your preferred insurance company. However, shopping is recommended. A real estate professional can get answers on the previous utility bills if it is a concern. I have had them presented as a condition of the contract.
Asking about a specific property would be helpful! These things can vary greatly according to your the specific home and the provider
If referring to a specific property--it's always a good idea to reverify taxes with the local tax assessor's office, therefore consider a call; as for the insurance, much would depend on your needs, therefore shop around; contact a few local insurance companies and ask for free estimates; as for utilities, they do vary based on usage, therefore you can ask the seller for an estimate, ask your agent, or contact the utility companies involved.