In My Neighborhood in 19047>Question Details

Rose Pepe, Home Owner in Richboro, PA

What are the restrictions for one who wants to have her 6 hens live in a well built and maintained structure in the back yard?

Asked by Rose Pepe, Richboro, PA Sat Nov 10, 2012

Answers

4
Best to check with the Township you are planning to live in.
You should check with your local town and/or village for restrictions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Check with your local town....
yeah good question, I am thinking about doing the same and just found out that ducks may be an
even better choice for the back yard, I think each individual community and village, city has its own
rules and regulations, first whether it is allowed at all, and then the conditions and terms under
which the village or city will give permission, so you really need to go to the village or county it depends on where your live, the zoning and the rules of your area.

Good luck to you, I believe we all should have ducks or chickens in the back yard, but that is just me.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)