In My Neighborhood in 22960>Question Details

catinhat007, Home Buyer in Purcellville, VA

What are the areas in Orange to avoid? Are there EMS services? How far is the closets hospital?

Asked by catinhat007, Purcellville, VA Tue Nov 27, 2012

? How far do you have to go to reach the big box stores? Any volunteer opportunites? Does the town of Orange have any events for it's residents?

Answers

1
Suzanne Brady’s answer
Hi - A Wal-Mart is currently being built near Locust Grove in Eastern Orange near Lake of the Woods. We also have, in that area, a Food Lion, CVS Pharmacy and many restaurants.

There are neighborhood county volunteer rescue departments throughout the county. Lake of the Woods and the Town of Orange have paid fire and rescue. There are loads of volunteer opportunities from EMS to the Food Pantry.

Orange County covers many miles - to the east we are close to Fredericksburg and Culpeper - both have hospitals. To the west is Charlottesville with the University of Virginia Hospital and Martha Jefferson. There are a lot of events going on in the county each year from fairs, wine festivals, horse races, family fun day, and more.

Please let me know what area of the county you are interested in and I would be happy to provide more information.
Suzanne Brady 540/907-2727 or smbrady@mris.com
Each of the county rescue stations is staffed with career fire/ems providers. They are Lake of the Woods, Mine Run, Town of Orange and Barboursville.
Flag Sat Mar 16, 2013