In My Neighborhood in Dallas>Question Details

A, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

What Dallas area neighborhoods/cities would let us walk to eat and play like we do in Chicago?

Asked by A, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 30, 2011

My family is contemplating a move from Chicago to Dallas and would love to find a place in the Dallas area that lets us live like we do now on the Northside of Chicago...would be great to find a place with a "neighborhood in a big city" feel where you dont have to pull out the car to get everywhere. At least one of us will be working on the Plano area, so something North would be even better!

Answers

2
If you are thinking about moving to the DFW area and one of you is working in Plano, I would suggest Allen, lots of new development, with restaurants and shopping. Addison is another great area for the contempary living style, tons of places to shop, eat and play, most in walking distance.

Good Luck...
Joann K Jackson, Realtor
There is a websites called WalkScore that will allow you to enter an address and then see what is within walking distance of that address.

Mark W. Miller, Realtor
Web Reference: http://www.walkscore.com/