Katherine, Home Buyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

We're looking for property in Melbourne and I'm unsure about any listings south of Pineda Causeway (along Wickham), as the area is not as well

Asked by Katherine, Palm Beach Gardens, FL Wed Sep 9, 2009

developed/presented. Should I be concerned about this?

Answers

2
Katherine,

I have owned a home in Summer Brook since 2004 and I am not an agent seeking your business (nor is my home for sale!). Put simply, it is a sought-after neighborhood and there are several good reasons for that: very close and convenient proximity to Patrick AFB, rapidly-developing neighborhood (new Home Depot, new shopping centers along Wickham in that area now built, and soon completion of the Pineda Causeway extension, which will make it a lot easier to travel up to Viera for mall shopping by bypassing the lights in Suntree), and wonderful neighbors whose command of the English language betrays their university-level education. It is also walking/biking distance to Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, for those who value a really top-notch education for their kids (mine went there and LOVED it). The neighborhood has an HOA that aggressively ensures things stay up to shape and no one cheats on the HOA rules, and this helps to protect your property values. Sense of community is strong. Kids all come out after school, play in the yards, and feel very safe there. A county cop lives in the middle of the community and parks his cruiser on the street every night. You can easily walk or bike to Books a Million, grocery store, restaurants, etc. Just a fantastic location that is perfect for families, especially those associated with the base.
It's just a matter of time before that area is built out Katherine. Check out Pineda Crossings for homes that are comparable to Summer Brook. The Lake Washington area is very nice as well. If you follow the link below it will take you to the MLS search where you can view all the listings in the county. When you find a few taht tickle your fancy let me know and I can preview them and shoot some video for you.