In My Neighborhood in 84660>Question Details

Kathy, Both Buyer and Seller in Wantagh, NY

We live here on Long Island and are planning to move to UT as soon as this home is sold. I do have a couple of questions, first, if we are no

Asked by Kathy, Wantagh, NY Mon Apr 4, 2011

followers of LDS does that prove to be difficult in living in this area? I know it seems strange to ask but we are not familiar with living in a community that is heavily leaning toward one faith. Next, in terms of bulding near this home, will anyone be blocking the mountain view? Are there additional parcels in the near vacinity that are planning to be built up as well? Is water really expensive? And what about snow and such? In terms of employment, my husband who is from France is a hands on therapist who practices also includes oriental medicine, rehab works and the like and his client base here includes a high end client base - does this excist in the area? Or will he need to drive further away? I have been an executive assistant as well as inside sales in the course of my own career -- is that something that is viable in the immeadiate area of Spanish Fork. This property is beautiful and any additional insite that you could provide would be very much appreciated. Thank

Answers

4
Kathy:

The Spanish Fork area is absolutely beautiful. It is a bit more rural which is why a lot of people love it. In terms of employment if you can't find exactly what you need in Spanish Fork a commute (aprx 9miles North) to the Provo or Salt Lake City area (56.7 miles) might provide additional opportunities based on size. In regards to the view if you are able to provide an address to the lot you are considering I would be willing to check on the details surrounding the lot for you to see what the possibilities on someone building in your view might be.

Adam Harward
Harward Real Estate
801.400.3143
adam@harwardrealestate.com
Hello Kathy,
These types of questions will largely go ignored here on Trulia and on other sites, forums and blogs because as far as REALTORS are concerned we are not allowed to discuss these types of questions per the EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY ACT. We cannot discriminate based on RACE COLOR or NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, FAMILIAL STATUS or SEXUAL ORIENTATION By asking these questions you are causing one to make a distinction that could be viewed by another as discriminatory. You would have to just visit the area in which you have questions or concerns and make your own determination on the local population.

I would be happy to answer your questions on the specific property you are referencing in the message but it is not identified in the message or by the website. Please reply to this question or to me directly and I will see what information is available.

As far as Business Opportunities go, again you should visit the area you intend to practice or work in for an extended amount of time, research the market and competition before developing your new business plan. I think that you might be surprised by the opportunities still available here in UTAH.

Thank You for Using Trulia!

-Kris

Kristopher Furrow - Associate Broker
Windermere Real Estate - UTAH
Salt Lake City and Park City
2348 South Foothill Drive
Salt Lake City Utah, 84109
Direct: 801.999.8679
Office: 801.485.3151
Fax: 801.485.3152
Kathy -

Thanks for your questions. The home you have inquired about is a beautiful home.

Disclaimer - My family and I have lived in Spanish Fork for several years. We still have family in the area and now live closer to Salt Lake City in a great neighborhood so my views might be a little biased, but I have over 15 years of experience living in the Salt Lake and Utah County areas.

While we do get Snow - it is unlike Long Island where it shuts the city down for days. Utah has four seasons and the snow is only 3-4 months.

Simple answer is that if your husband practices oriental medicine and rehab work - I would not recommend the Spanish Fork area - it will be difficult for him to find clientele. There are areas that would be more beneficial to both of your career choices and I would be happy to have a personal conversation regarding these areas and culturally what you can expect living here.

By the way...what interested you in this area?

Utah is a great place to do business and live. Several cities have been named some of the best places to live in the United States with low crime, highly educated work force and pro-business environment.

Contact me for more info and to give you more insight....

Derek Seal
Broker/Owner
Realty Executives Experts
801.921.4900
Hi Kathy,
This area in Utah County is beautiful. The information about the home you are inquiring on shows only as "In My Neighborhood in 84660". Can you include more specific information about the home you are interested in?
Cheryl Lyon
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
801.633.6855
cheryl@cheryl-lyon.com
Web Reference: http://www.cheryl-lyon.com