Denise, Other/Just Looking in West Los Angeles, CA

We have a section 8 voucher and we'd like to know if any property managers co's or lanlords will accept it?

Asked by Denise, West Los Angeles, CA Thu Jun 25, 2009

We would like to stay in our same area which is West LA area but every apt i've inquired about refuses to accept section 8. The voucher we have is from the Hud Vash program(Veteran's Affairs Supported Housing).

Answers

3
Though section 8 is a great program, a lot of landlords shy away from it, because the added issues concerned with he city inspecting their property and telling them what to do... (Few people like the city telling them how to run their building)... this comes in the form of an annual inspection by section 8.

One of my clients loves to rent his apartments to section 8 tenants... I will be glad to put you in touch with him... just email me
Yes there are some who will accept section 8, but you have to inquire with them directly. You might have trouble finding a cooperative landlord in WLA. I would try other areas.
Section 8 is widely accepted. Actually many landlords prefer it because the bulk of the money is guaranteed to be paid by the government and the tenant has little to no money to pay each month. Also because the program is so strict and difficult to get into, the tenants tend to be very cooperative so as not to lose the benefit.