In My Neighborhood in 34987>Question Details

psantilli, Both Buyer and Seller in Port Saint Lucie, FL

We are moving to Tradition in August. Looking on information about jobs, especially elementary grade teacher level and restaurant help also.

Asked by psantilli, Port Saint Lucie, FL Mon Jun 25, 2012

Answers

3
Congratulations on your move to Tradition, a lovely community of homes with many amenities, as is all of Port St Lucie. Altho' the real estate prices are seemingly a steal to any one in New England, (I have lived in MA. RI, CT, & Hudson Valley NY), please keep in mind the salaries are relative. A teacher of public or charter schools here gets paid 2/3 rds of what you are paid in RI. There have been 100's laid off here mainly because of state & local budget cuts, no salary or step increases since 2007, & reduced benefits. Ex.: As a 25 yr secondary teacher with MA degree & continuous post degree studies, I am "frozen" at $52,000. New, St Lucie will now reduce credit for yrs u bring in by 5 yrs,, Substitute teaching is approx. $70 a day. Most openings are filled before the end of the school year. When any positions become available, there are many good available teachers already FL certified & experienced, and quickly re-employed. It would behoove you to get your FL certification now, as well as ESOL & Reading Endorsement asap. The FL Dept of Ed website has many links with specifics. Stay on top of openings in Martin, St Lucie, Palm Beach Counties (you will be in a great location to commute), by visiting their websites for job openings updated weekly. Restaurant work opportunity changes continuously,... so many good restaurants, many good chefs, many talented students graduating from culinary colleges..., but sadly effected by the economy.
thank you for your thoughts, my daughter has been applying to job listings already on the website. Her concentration was english. I am proud to say she graduated magna cum lade.She finally received her certification from our state and now she can pursue more for Florida. Again thank you!
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012

Hope all is well,
Looking for a teachers job , contact with the Saint Lucie County School Board @ http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/
You would visit in person any restaurants you would want to submit application.

Let me ask, are you currently working with an agent? The time is now to secure a property for August.

I would suggest choosing an agent to work with ( Like Myself ), to provide you with up to date information and available properties that fit your needs.

Some helpful information.

Are you looking to buy a home, or looking for a lease?
If looking to purchase, would you be paying cash, do you have financing in place?

If Leasing do you have a lease application completed to submit?

As our market picks up, properties can be here today and gone tomorrow, you want to be positioned to secure the property once you find what you are looking for.

Contact me via e-mail 24/7 or extended business hours @ 772-342-6616

Jonathan Dark
REALTOR®
Ultimate Realty Corp
312 S. Old Dixie Hwy. Suite 109
Jupiter, FL 33458
DIRECT: 772-342-6616
Skype: DARKFLORIDA
DARKFLORIDA@yahoo.com
Psantilli,

I would love to help familiarize you with the area as well as finding a home. I have a list of resources I can send you regarding schools in the area and restaurants who are hiring. Please email me at Jeremy@JeremyAGlass.com

Jeremy Glass
RE/MAX Masterpiece Realty
772-370-9637