In My Neighborhood in 80221>Question Details

Lori Chavez, Home Buyer in 79927

We are looking into moving to Denver from Texas? Which are the best schools and areas to raise a family?

Asked by Lori Chavez, 79927 Sat Aug 22, 2009

Answers

12
Hi Lori,

Howdy, I too am a Texan. I moved here with my family 4 years ago and I have answers for many of the questions that you will be facing on your move to Denver. As far as which neighborhoods are the best, best schools , and the best area to raise a family, the answers to these questions will be unique to your situation. I would love to help you find the perfect house after talking to you and finding out more about your situation, wants, and needs.

My website is a fabulous tool for families relocating to Denver. Find out more city info (neighborhood & school information) at my website at the following address:

http://www.denvercoloradorealestatenow.com/page/85822/BuyaHo…

From one Texan to another, let me earn your business and I know that I can find you the perfect house in the perfect part of Denver for you and your family. I'll make you proud!

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams DTC
303-856-8980
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 23, 2009
Cherry Creek Schools from a Colorado native (54 years)! Without a doubt you can't go wrong in this school district - Nationally Recognized Blue ribbon schools!
From a PROUD mother who's son is in college and has made the deans list every quarter and he's a senior this year! Mechanical Engineering UCCS
Dear Lori,

You might be interested in the Evergreen and Conifer areas. We are easily commutable to Denver, DIA, ski areas, hunting, fishing, camping and many amenities that you might be currently enjoying. We offer a variety of land options, from golf course communities to estates with acreage and even mother-in-law or guest residences. I have three children who have attended a variety of Jefferson County schools, and my two older daughters are now in the Park County middle school and high school. JeffCo is the largest school district in Colorado, and it offers both typical and option schools targeted at Gifted / Talented children, artistic children, the "core" curriculum and a number of other educational approaches. The surrounding school districts (Clear Creek County and Park County) offer small class sizes and intimate learning experiences with great success. I must admit that I have attempted to control my children's experiences to some extent, and I hope to significantly influence them and their interpretation of the world around them. I have found the foothills communities west of Denver a great place to do just that. Every season offers great opportunities for experiences and learning, and the communities offer so many opportunities for controlled exposure and growth as an individual. If you are interested in area information, I have a very useful packet that can be mailed to you. You can send your physical address to me at jwagner@interorealestate.com.

I have a great many resources on school districts, rec centers, and area events that might help you evaluate these communities. Please let me know how I might get them to you!

Jody Wagner
EcoBroker
Intero Real Estate Services
29029 Upper Bear Creek Rd
Evergreen CO 80439
(303) 670-3232
Web Reference: http://www.jodywagner.com
Hi Lori,
What type of town/lifestyle do you prefer? If you're interested in the greater Denver area, Cherry Creek schools are rated the highest, however if Northern Colorado is a possibility for you, consider the sleepy little town of Berthoud, CO. It is a quaint mix of small town Colorado, but only 10 minutes from the heart of Loveland. Berthoud Elementary school is ranked #2 in the entire state. It is minutes from the mountains, a quick trip to Fort Collins, but feels like a world away. Call me to chat anytime! There are SO many options for your move. Best Regards, Rachel Katz 303-534-5000
Web Reference: http://www.TandemHome.com
lori,
as everyone has already stated it will be dependant upon you and your family's personal preferances as to which neighborhoods are 'the best.' as not only realtors, but people with families and differing wants, needs and opinions, our answers to your very general question are going to be biased by our personal and professional experiences.

two very good sites for you to take a look at are:
http://www.piton.org
http://www.denversrealestatenews.com

good luck on your search, and don't hesitate to call/email with any questions, comments or clarifications.

bobby verenna
the maiocco team
keller williams, dtc
303.995.8786
This Question is one that us Realtors can not answer. There are many areas that will work for you. Most Buyers that are School Driven like Cherry Creek Schools and Douglas County Schools.
Here is a link you will find useful.
Brian
http://www.kennarealestate.com/Homes-for-sale-denver-by-scho…
Hi Lori! Just wanted to add that we have collected a number of helpful links about school data and moving to the Denver area on our MovingtoDenverFAQ.com blog. Hope you find this helpful. And, if you need and assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us :-)
All good answers. A lot, in my opinion, depends on where you WANT to live. This can get to proximity to the city, jobs, open space, parks, etc. Where do you plan on working when here and how do you plan on getting there each day?
As stated, the top three school districts, by test scores, seem to be Cherry Creek, Boulder and Douglas County and all offer excellent living choices. Therefore, there really is no short answer to this question, and it's one that you should do a bunch of research in order to answer. Your chosen Realtor should be able to help a lot in that selection process, you just need to have a serious discussion about your needs and wants.
I am a Denver native and always love it when folks decide to move to our fair city. I wish you much success and feel very confident that you will love it here: a great place to raise a family.

Chuck Strauss
Keller Williams DTC
720-318-7598
CStrauss@kw.com
Hi Lori,
First, thanks for your inquiry and congratulations as you consider your move. Denver is a fabulous area in which to live. Of course, as a real estate broker I would be very happy to earn your business and help you find your perfect home here.

This is a good point to give you a little primer on searching for a home - and community - that work best for you. Grab a pad of paper and a pencil. Start to compile a list of things, general and specific that you need and/or want in a home. A broker will need to know among other things, how big a home do you require? What features? A big yard? Close to public transportation? Close to a job? Then, what price range do you see yourself buying into? What monthly mortgage and escrow amount are you comfortable with? How long do you think you will occupy the home for? Be as detailed as you can.

Here's the other issue. Check this link to the the HUD website regarding Fair Housing: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/FHLaws/yourrights.cfm . Real estate brokers have to be very careful as to not appear to be "steering" you towards certain communities. For example, what would constitute a good school or good area? As obvious as it might seem, people have different standards and real estate brokers could be specifically liable for "imposing" their standards. So, my point is, to do as much research as you can so you can provide as much information as possible to a broker. Then, they can search the MLS and show you representative neighborhoods. I know it sounds a bit evasive, but you shouldn't expect brokers to direct you to a certain area or community.

Everyone wants to be safe and have their children get a great education. Look for informative sites online and then contact a broker who appears to be competent, courteous and professional. I hope it will be me! Check out my website below to search for properties.

Bestregards,
Bob
Hi Lori,

Louisville, Co just got rated #1 place in the country see the article: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/snapshot…

I love living in Louisville as we are close to both Denver and the mountains. The schools are great and many young families live here. If you are interested in this area send me an e-mail and I could tell you some more about it.
Lori-
Please check out my website. http://www.BuyKenCaryl.com. Ken Caryl is an area that out of state folks like because it "feels" like Colorado. We have great schools and PTA participation. Close by we have the best HS in the state D'Evelyn (#64 in the nation).
Cherry Creek HS is the ohter stand out and the neighborhoods around it.
I am off to show houses so no time to tell you more except we hope to see you here!
Kimberly Ryan
303-523-8333
Lori,

Cherry Creek and Douglas County seem to be the ones most requested. I live in Highlands Ranch and have kids in the Douglas County school system. What are you looking for price, amenties, size, lot and age wise?

Derrek Patrick
303-470-9880
derrek.patrick@coloradohomes.com