Christie R., Home Buyer in Blakeslee, PA

We are looking for a vacation home in the Jack Frost Big Boulder area. We have looked in Arrowhead Lakes, Towamensing Trails and Brier Crest Woods.

Asked by Christie R., Blakeslee, PA Tue Feb 2, 2010

I have gotten mixed reviews on TT, but want to make sure before we make a purchase that these other communities are a good place to have our children spend their summers, vacations, etc. Also concerned about break ins as we won't be living there year round. Any feedback? Especially on Brier Crest woods, as there is a house there that we are considering putting an offer on.

Answers

6
i live in brier crest woods its a very nice and a safe place to live, i am selling my house as i would like to be closer to my daughter, in the years that i have owned this house i have never heard of and crime going on here, security is very good here they are always driving around i have had no problems in the time that i have lived here, if my daughter lived closer i would not be moving from here. they keep everything very clean including the lake and park for the kids, my grandsons love it when they come here. i hope this has been helpful to you.
Janet, would you consider a lease purchase for your home? Two yr rental and then lease purchase? My husband and I are army veterans looking for a lease purchase.
Flag Fri Oct 5, 2012
I live and work in that area. Our office is across the street from Towamening. We actaully specialize in vacation properties. Every community has its pluses for different seasons. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
I agree w/ Iamessino, The Hamlet is a very nice community. I work for Joan Fitzgerald Real Estate, But our in house specialist on the Hamlet is Diane Edwards, she also lives in The Hamlet. If you are not already working w/ a REALTOR and/or have a Buyer's Agency Agreement w/ another Broker, I would highly recommend that you contact her at 570-595-2110. Diane works out of our Canadensis office and knows the area extremely well.
You can also check out The Hamlet in Canadensis, private community, great security and a good bang for your buck. soem very nice homes for sale right now. Go to Joan Fitzgerald Real Estate and check by development and look under The Hamlet. All properties are 1 acre or more w/indoor and outdoor pool, clubhouse, sauna, tennis courts. A very nice area with great neighbors.
Hi Christie:

As Erica said we in North East PA have a fairly low crime rate. I would suggest to you to look in the Pocono Record and check the police blotters for the areas you are interested in. If you go to the archives you can usually see what happens in that area.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions you can email me at dsteo@wilkins1.com.

Donna
Northeastern PA has relatively low crime rates, but still anything can happen when you're not around. Many vacation home owners have security systems installed. The gated communities are more secure than non-gated, but they're still not perfect.