dprioriello, Home Buyer in Minden, NV

We are looking at buying a house in the Chambersfield area of Gardnerville, NV and found out there is a quarry behind the property called Bing

Asked by dprioriello, Minden, NV Sun Nov 4, 2012

Materials. Can anyone tell us if the quarry causes any dust or noise issues?

Answers

5
Laura Moline’s answer
Chambersfield is a beautiful area of the valley with amazing views of the mountains in all directions.
In my opinion the noise from Bing Materials operation has little to no effect on the surrounding area. I think the trucking to and from the pit on Kimmerling will present more noise than the plant. What is your draw to the Chambersfield area? Do you like the larger lots? Do you have horses?
This is an amazing valley with lots of different housing options. If you want to discuss the different areas and what may be available that matches your search criteria or you just want to chat with a local who knows the area... Call or email me

Laura Moline
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
Gardnerville NV
775-691-1126
info@LauraMoline.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I live very close to the quarry and have for over a year in the Pleasantview Subdivision. You can, occasionally, hear some tractors and trucks in the mornings but its not overpowering or disruptive to us at all. It's never woken us up. I have not noticed any dust coming from that direction either and its seems to quiet down by 9-10am on a typical day. I love living in the Chambers Field Area and would not let the quarry deter you. You might even stop by the area you are thinking of living and just sit with the windows rolled down and listen at different times of the day. Also a good idea to do to check how much traffic goes by at different times of the day.
Would love to help you find a home...
Kelly Adams
Coldwell Banker Select
Minden NV
775-230-3308
I have family just to the south of chambersfield area and they have never complained. Do you have a house in mind? What size house are you looking for and what is your price range? Please contact me and I can help you with your search. The best thing to do would be look at a few houses that meet your criteria and then visit those houses at various times during the day for a period of time and decide for yourselves if the quarry is a problem. Every person has different thresholds for what they want in a nieghborhood.
Hope this helps.
Lee McKinney
Coldwell Bankeer Select
Minden, NV
lee4sale@yahoo.com
775-783-6273 office direct
775-901-6024 cell
HI,
Thank you for the information we are working with a realtor at Coldwell Banker and we found a house we like. Hopefully we will be far enough away from the pit to not hear much.
Flag Wed Nov 7, 2012
You might hear the start up operation machinery if finding a home built close to this company location but dust has been controlled fairly well in past years. There will be a new home project built directly across the street from this plant and you may hear the machinery operation at times in this project area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
The dust is controlled very well. You can hear the noise from the operation if you are close, particularly the asphalt plant when they start it up early in the morning during the summer. However, unless the home you are looking at is on the boarder of the pit or very close, it is unlikely that you would be bothered by the noise.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012