In My Neighborhood in 32909>Question Details

Oksnowbirds, Home Buyer in Palm Bay, FL

We are interested in a second home in this area of Florida. What are the home insurance prices like there?

Asked by Oksnowbirds, Palm Bay, FL Sun Jul 31, 2011

Answers

9
Very good question... Home insurance vary depending on the age of the home to location. I would recommend having an insurance company contact you so that they can better answer this question. I can provide you with some wonderful insurance agents that can help you. Another factor to keep in mind is that here in Brevard County many homes have Wind Mitigations done that can help lower your homeowners cost as well. It is based on credits. The more credits you receive, the lower the cost for insurance. The biggest credit you can receive is the type of roof you have. A hip roof/verse a gable roof will save you more money.
Also homes built between 1964-1965 may have aluminum wiring which can be very expensive if you are needing insurance.
Another factor is location.... Merrit Island and the beaches due to their location might cost you more on home owners insurance compared to the mainland.
If you have any additonal questions, please feel free to call me at 321-806-9121 and I can point you in the right direction to some amazing insurance agents.

Janet Brown
Exit 1st Class Realty
3321-806-9121
It depends on where you are planning on buying, how old the home is and what type of construction. The closer to the water you are the more expensive the insurance. Also the newer the home the lower the price because they have been built to hurricane standards. It will need to go through a 4 point inspection. I tell all my buyers to call several local insurance agents and get prices from them. It is best to get a ballpark price first so you know the worst case scenario.

If I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Joan Willis
Broker
321-960-3577
brevardsbestrealty@yahoo.com
The fast answer is $800 - $2,000 per year depending on construction & updated systems, deductible chosen, and NOT including flood insurance. Some areas of SE Palm Bay ARE in the Flood Zone. We can definitely research properties to avoid certain aspects. Call me at 321.243.2493 or go to http://www.BetterBrevardHomes.com for the best service with honesty & integrity from a full time professional Realtor.
Some have not mentioned that if you are planning to buy on the island your rates will be higher then the normal rate of the mainland homes. Just like everyone has mentioned it will depend on the home and once you have decided you can acquire a few quotes. I usually try to email an agent so my buyers have something to compare where you may get a quote. This area is a great investment and is a very desirable place to live. If I can answer any question about the area please email me. I have lived here for almost 40 years. I transplanted here from the Philadelphia area. My email is s.c.realtor@earthlink.net.
Good Day,

Your insurance on a home in Fl is based on how the home has been built. Homes built after 2002 will have alot lower premium that those built before that time period. It is all about your roof and how new it is also.

This is why Palm Bay is a great place to look for your winter home. We have a very large number of homes that are forecloser or Short Sale that where built during the building boom in 2004-2006.

I have worked in Palm Bay for over 20 years.Call or email anytime for more information

Cynthia White Realtor 321.652.1974 direct

EXIT ISLAND & BEACH REALTY
Sign up on my website for free: http://cwhite.islandandbeachteam.com
Here is an excellent resource link for your evaluation.......http://www.floir.com/choices/HO150.aspx........ There are many factors which impact insurance rates, such as year of construction and type of construction. I would be happy to talk with you in greater detail about insurability. I may be contacted at 321-242-9299.
Don DeLucas, GRI,e-PRO
Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator
Permited License Law Instructor
Broker/Owner
S&D Realty Exchange. Inc.
Oh my gosh, we had buyers that found a great place in Tradition here in Port St. Lucie last year. If you ever decide to look a little bit further south, we would love to help you. You can search various zip codes all over the country here: http://www.RonandDebbieAlbertKWRealty.com.
There is a very handy tool there called Market Insider. It allows you to compare demographics in various areas by zip code.

Best of luck!

Ron and Debbie
Keller Williams of the Treasure Coast
Insurance rates are based on location and the home itself - once you found a home you liked, you could get an estimate from your provider.
You can browse homes for sale in the area on http://www.makeahouseahome.net, my site is free to use and you don't have to provide any personal info to use it.
I'd be happy to help you with your search and we could get the right place for the right price!
HELLO , YOUR HOME OWNERS INSURANCE IS BASED PARTLY IF THE MOME WILL PASS A 'wind mitigation inspection. AS AN EXAMPLE, I PUT A NEW ROOF ON MY 16 YEAR OLD HOME AND THE RATE WENT FROM $2.600 TO $1,420 ..
ALWAYS HAVE AN INSPECTION DONE IF YOU PLAN TO PURCHASE. RATES ARE BASED ON LOCATION ALSO. IS THIS HELPFUL ?
JOHN JULIANO Realtor, SFR
DIRECT CELL 321-751-3535
E-MAIL Juliano@Brevard-Home-Relocator.com