In My Neighborhood in 19950>Question Details

Betty wright, Home Buyer in Greenwood, DE

Want to purchase a house in Greenwood close to where a high school will be built. What will the school do to the value of the home?

Asked by Betty wright, Greenwood, DE Tue Sep 20, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Betty! Great question! As a local realtor and resident of Woodbridge school district the impact of buildings in and around our homes greatly affect home values. In this case I have been very involved in the building process and am delighted with the location, design and use of this land. Additionally the value of the property itself has increased dramatically. Purchasing a home near a beautiful school such as this can boost value and interest especially for families with children. Let me know if you would be interested and I can run demographics for you! Oh, and if your not working with an agent Mariana and I would love to have you as our neighbor! 302-519-7735 ATEAMSELLSRE.COM
Most likely go up! Lisa Michels cell 302-354 0118, she works with me and she is an expert in this area!
Give her a call and she can help!
Barbara & Peter Winnington
Coldwell Banker Preferred
bwinnington@cbpref.com
302 545 4999
Hi Betty,

Upon purchasing of any home, I would have your realtor (if you are working with one) run comps on property that is close to what you want to purchase within the same area, as that will give you an idea of value as of a real value an appraiser would have to appraise the property to tell you what market value is. I hope that helps

Tori Weiss-Hamstead
Tori@Newhomesindelaware.net
302.242.8378
Nobody has as crystal ball...but in my own personal opinion, a new school is typically a good thing for property values. But then again...it also depends on where this school is going to be...what else is going to be added around the school (parking lots, track, football stadium) in relation to the house in question. If the house currently overlooks beautiful openspace but when the school goes in, it's going to be a huge student parking lot....then that would be a bad thing.