Kelly Garland, Home Buyer in Downtown Long Beach,...

Want to know what it’s like to live in Downtown Long Beach?

Asked by Kelly Garland, Downtown Long Beach, Long Beach, CA Wed Mar 31, 2010

Answers

6
as of right now , there are no answers, so check this link:
http://www.downtownlongbeach.org/Home

Best.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 31, 2010
I know I'm late in answering but, I was curious and wanted to if you found the property and information you where looking for?
I use the rIde buses often I find them a safe and easy way to get around.
Please contact me so we can talk about
any other Belmont Heights, Long Beach, local questions you Have
562-900-8265
chris@brotchuby.com
@chrisgoodmanson

That you all for your help and answers.
Much appreciated!
Kelly.
I've lived and worked in Downtown Long Beach for about 3 years now. Like with anything, there are pros and cons. Overall, I really enjoy the city. I'm walking distance to good restaurants, theaters, the marina - and I never feel unsafe to take advantage of that. It's convenient to hop the Passport to Belmont Shore, or even the Blue Line to Downtown LA. If you're out in the community enough, it's not long before you get to know the local business owners and familiar faces around town. It's feels small and friendly.

Downtown is mostly condo/loft living. Make sure to research the HOA before committing to any property. Some of the older buildings can also have pest or plumbing issues if they're not properly managed. I'd make sure to purchase a unit that includes parking or else you'll end up renting a spot for at least $65/mth (and not necessarily close to home). Guest parking is usually challenging, but not impossible. Also, living Downtown puts you right in the middle of community events, festivals, and the occasional movie production - which can be both convenient and inconvenient.

Good luck with your house hunt! DOMA Properties is a great resource for questions about real estate. We're located right on Pine & 4th Street in the heart of Downtown.
I have friends who live Downtown. One lived at the Royal Palms at 100 Atlantic and she loved being in the center of everything. She loved going to the Terrace Theater, shopping on Pine Avenue, going over to the Marina and Shoreline Drive. I have another friend who lives on Chestnut and he loves walking over to Starbucks, or riding his bike down to the bike path, has had friends enjoy the Bed and Breakfast at Chestnut & 6th street. There is a lot to do and even taking the Passport Bus to go to the Belmont Shore or to Los Altos Shopping Center from time to time is just a small fee. They love living downtown and only have good things to say!

Hope this is helpful!
Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker,e-Pro (R), SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Servicing Long Beach & Neighboring Communities for 30+ years
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the downtown area, but there's a lot of great restaurants within walking distance. Parking is a bit of a pain for guests. I can put you in touch with some residents downtown if you like. Let me know.

Jeremy